Folk Club in East Dulwich ?? (Lounged)

Sue

OK OK maybe the demographic of ED doesn't lend itself to a folk club, but my OH and I would be up for starting something here - anybody else interested, or are we doomed to a four hour round trip to Walthamstow every Sunday night??

:))

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> anybody else interested, or are we doomed to a four hour round

> trip to Walthamstow every Sunday night??

>

LOL!!! My you put yourself through the mill of life don't you!

Will watch with interest as do enjoy folk stuff myself

Christopher Wrote:

> How about the Hob in FH?

Good shout, this is a nice space.. It's a good size, has a stage, sound system, and upstairs bar area. Would definitely be in for a decent local folk club. Drop me a PM if you'd like any help with the organising, Sue..

Well we were thinking of a mix of folk dj-ing and live music (my OH Nyge djs at Big Chill, he's half of FolktoFuture).

So yeh, Shirley Collins et al may well be part of it (sadly she doesn't sing any more).

Thanks for the interest, I had been thinking maybe of Village Inn (ex Page 2 Bar) as within walking distance of ED, but will certainly check out the Hob (never heard of it, don't usually go to FH :) )

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Count me in, I can grow a decent beard at 3 days

> notice. Now, where did I put my ankle bells and a

> stick?

Showing yer age, bet you think folk is all like the Dubliners, innit :))

There's an acoustic open night at the Plough on Friday evenings - someone was doing a very good Bert Jansch impression/interpretation last week - About ten years ago Bert, John Renbourn, Martin Carthy and Davy Graham and even Vin Garbutt all played upstairs at the EDT - some great nights - don't know what happened to it