New in town

Citygirl

Hello everybody,

I'm about to move to ED and wanted to ask you where I could go out to meet some people? Can you recommend a nice pub in ED? I will be living in Crystal Palace Road. - Is there anything nearby? I also like rock music and mainstream/pop rock. Is there a nice club/bar somewhere?

Welcome to the area!

There are plenty of nice pubs within easy walking distance from where you are - Great Exhibition, the Actress, the Bishop, EDT....as for club/bars that play rock-y music. None in the vicinity that I know of!

Citygirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you for welcoming me, AlexC. Good to know

> there are several nice pubs where I can go. As for

> a rocky bar.. hmm.. what a pity.. Does it mean

> I'll have to go to central London in order to go

> dancing?

The only local place for dancing is the Adventure Bar, but it involves dancing to cheese and I wouldn't really say it has a dance floor per-se! If I was in the mood for a club-y type place, I'd tend to go to Shoreditch. Bus up to Forest Hill, and the Overground train. Takes about 40 mins door to door.

Hi Alex, hi DrinkingBuddy,

Thank you for your comments. In this case, I will try The Great Exhibition. And yes, I went out in Shoreditch several times and must admit that there are a lot of good clubs.. 40 mins is ok.. But when you come back around 1/2 a.m. it takes longer, doesn't it?

Haha thats wonderful,

You'll all be very pleased to know that we already have a dancing, live music, drinking and fun livcence that pretty much covers all of the things you would want to do with yourself in a lively bustly place of a night time.

We have Live music every Thursday, DJ's every Friday and Saturday (playing rock and roll, rare groove, northern soul and vintage 40's swing) all of the Dj's are there to play decent music without bursting your eardrums so you wont ever find us too loud or too thumpy with our music. If you like it vintage, you'll love it here.

Oh and a quiz every Tuesday. Tonights jackpot is ?700!

Lishyloo Wrote:

> The castle

The Last time I was in the Castle, my foot went through the floor on the way to the loo.

They had just put a rug over the hole in the floor..

See they have painted the outside since then.

Not ventured inside.

Fox.

A few years back in the Castle, the landlord's son said, "I wouldn't stand there if I were you, I think the ceiling is going to fall in.'

And so it did. A Steveo sized piece of plaster fell to the floor not seconds later.

Now that's a pub.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Lishyloo Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > The castle

>

>

> The Last time I was in the Castle, my foot went

> through the floor on the way to the loo.

>

> They had just put a rug over the hole in the

> floor..

>

> See they have painted the outside since then.

>

> Not ventured inside.

>

> Fox.

It is much much improved inside. And has become the refuge for lots of the old CPT faithful, who don't feel they fit in at The Great Exhibition.

• 4 weeks later...

If you haven't already tried the Railway Tavern in Tulse Hill you should. It's a very cool pub only a station away from Dulwich.

Diamond Jive Club is on tonight and we play the very best in retro tunes for your listening and dancing

pleasure. Alternating between Swing, Jump Blues, Rock'n'Roll and Rockabilly tunes

with a new sound system and bigger dance floor this is one of the best

retro nights in South East london. Night is free and starts 9pm.

http://www.therailwaytulsehill.co.uk/