Application for extended late licence at the Great Exhibition

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That's hardly fair. They would be getting paid to

> be at work while other interested parties would

> have to take time off work.

Would you rather the council paid overtime to have it in the evening? I suspect the council are not paying much overtime at the moment.

As i said,if its important people will be there. Maybe its a way of weeding out non serious objectors? 'gainfully employed' people take time off work to attend hospital appts,repairmen etc,they dont expect it to be out of working hours! Anyway,back on topic. . .

the-e-dealer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Whats the point if the entire working

> population, the ones who are paying for all this

> democracy are at work? And I didnt say dont use

> tooley street.

and

> its a total farce escluding most of the flipping tax payers who pay for all this showboat.

IT'S A DISGRACE!!!

Only working people that are employed during the day are entitled to an opinion on this.

No representation without taxation.

FFS!!

Why don't one of you who really cares about this (djsenior I'm looking at you) phone the pub, or go in there, and just ask exactly what the current state of play is regarding the application. I am sure the nice people working in there, who are not your enemy, they don't own the place, will happily tell you what they know.

Whatabout perhaps granting these nice people a licence....see how it goes...at least one would have a clear idea of the

noise levels and behaviour of our slightly tipsy but otherwise well mannered community members patronising the place.

If I does become intolerable then I am sure the forum will come very alive, the council will know about it, and somrthing

will be done. after all they are laws regarding loud noise.

TGE can apply for a a variation in its licence at any time, as many times as it likes, same for TENS so may not be over,just a different tactic. And all those that were glad to see the back of the CPT,& welcome TGE should be careful what they wish for.