why do my posts keep getting deleted?

maxamydus

Well I thought we'd found an answer?

Signatures are fine when harmlessly used to sign off on your own post. They are not fine when they contain links that are used to boost search engine rankings for commercial posts.

Where the exact line is drawn seems to be fairly flexible, and entirely up to the hard working team of mods.

It seems to be fairly clear that if you include commercial links in a signature you're very likely to get called on it, if you contain commercial messages without links in it you'll probably get called on it, and if it's just a boringly repetitive joke you've got a 50:50 chance of getting unwelcome attention.

For the rest of signatures, those slightly lame repetitious aphorisms, they only seem to ruin your reputation.

Either way, the fault will get flagged without relentless reporting from forum users.

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> And no Huguenot is not admin, he just gave a good

> answer to your question, and then pointed out that

> given you history of reporting posts, you

> probably didn't need to report every signature

> that displeased you.

>

> I'm not obsessed with querying your posts, I just

> find the ones in this section odd.

Edited, And to add, I am not talking about signatures like Artful Dogger's. Am talking about ones who managed to insert their business in every post they reply to, regardless of whether or not it has any relevance to their business.

I have not reported signatures that 'displease' me as you put it. I had no idea that signatures were a problem until I read about Sue's experience.

• 10 months later...

It's quite nice to see that I'm not the only one being ignore by admin. My WHOLE account has been completely removed from the forum with no warning whatsoever. I've lost years of private messages and contacts that were very dear to me. And the numerous messages sent to admin have been without response.

I've been an active member in the forum for the last few years and have recently been selling PERSONAL belongings as I'm moving overseas. 'Some people' decided I was a business and admin removed me. I AM NOT a business, but it seems that I can hit my head against the wall for a long time.

If you do something admin is not happy with, is it not normal to at least be warned? Some people break the rules on a daily basis and admin does not do anything about it. Admin does not treat people equally that is for sure!

You've kindly given me back me username and private messages. But ALL of my posts from every section have been removed.

So, you can just delete all of my suggestions and contributions becaause you feel like it?

You have a life and I respect that, I ask that that you respect me and others that also feel unfairly treated. Perhaps you should try to put yourself in our position.

What's the point of being part of a community forum when one person can just wipe you out because they feel like it? We live in a democratic part of the world, but this seems more like a dictatorship. Does it make you feel good or something?

At least you've made it very clear as to how much you value individuals.

edited to remove some of the needlessly personal abuse

a reminder on the terms of use:

"The management reserves the right to act as they see appropriate in order to deal with these and other situations and this includes the fact that (highlighted for emphasis) The management reserves the right to refuse entry. "

Does any of that say "if I don't like someone we are all going to hold a democratic vote?"

no it doesn't. It basically says if you are a pain in the ass you're outta here.

maybe your deleted login shows a sweeter side

* has a look for "overseas" *

are you pitoupreloved? If so you made multiple multiple postings about same thing, all the while taking care to mention your business

Bon Voyage...

Hello Strafer Jack,

I am not pitoupreloved.

I broke the rules of the forum as I posted multiple seperate listings in the for sale section. I am moving to America and literally getting rid of evrything I own. I thought I'd share the items with the locals rather than put them on ebay. All items were bought by me and the money that I get back is often a fraction of what I paid.

But anyway, when this was brought to my atention I appologised, but before I could receive the reply my account was just deleted. The accusations of me being a business are false and I have clearly explained my position to admin.

I have been an active member, holding free workshops, participating in local school events and offering free advice about painting (my speciality).

I completely understand that admin must have a lot of work with real businesses or peole who misuse the forum. But when I have written multiple emails and explained myself, my intentions and postition I feel the response of 'I suggest you take a copy of all your friends and contacts from your PMs within 12 hours' a little surprising. Does this mean she will turn me off again is 12 hours?

To tell someone they are unhappy with your behaviour is not the same as treating them like a criminal or unvalued person.

I don't know the ins and outs anastasia but knowing admin it takes more than what you describe to rankle him so much

I can't imagine comparing him to a dictator endears you to him either so it could be that he has many problems with you

Then again, if I was moving overseas i would just get on with that and not worry about it too much

I have no idea if admin will or will not delete your account again but I would play safe

Worth bearing in mind that ANY "free" service on the internet is not realy a suitable place to keep valuable information - and that includes Google, Microsoft and the rest. Not just because of any NSA type concerns, but just because.. well, they giveth and they take away

• Administrator

Whoa! In context I said "I suggest you take a copy of all your friends and contacts from your PMs within 12 hours" in response to you banging on about the fact that I hadn't had the manners to reply to you within half a day. I explained we have a life and we don't have call centres to deal with people with issues such as you immediately.

And now you say I'm treating you like a criminal or unvalued person!

Not once have you apologised to me so don't say that you have. And if you ever reproduce part of a private message from me online again you will be banned immediately.

I suggest you let this go.

This is a sad thing to hear.

To paraphrase StraferJack I do not know the ins and outs but I have always found Anastasia00 kind and lovely when I have bought items from her, she even delivered some furniture to me as I don't drive.

It would be a shame for me if she no longer can/or wants to use this site as I look forward to seeing if she's clearing anything else from her house before she goes to the US as she sells her items at a decent price locally and as a keen buyer of vintage items I will miss her posts, they save me a fortune.

If you have removed her beleiving her to be a business (which I say she isn't- having been to her home a number of times) there are plenty of others who post here (especially selling vintage goods) that definately are professional sellers (some are local antique dealers)so you might need to start a massive clearoutfor the for sale section on this premise (or contact sellers asking them to trasnfer to the business section.) I won't name them as I don't want to loose them as another local source!!!

Sad to see this post.

Kind Regards

Sarha

additional to broken rules, deletion is a regular housekeeping exercise to keep data sizes down for reasons of cost and performance.

Old posts sink without trace anyway, let it go. If you have something new to say....politely....and perhaps with a modicum of gratitude.....then go for it.

El Pibe,

that's fair that posts get removed after a cerain amount of time, I understand. But for just my posts to be removed from conversations...as part of a post is a personal attack. This I do not understand.

I am a fair person, I'm just asking to be treated fairly. Surely you would do the same.

Why can't people get it into their heads that this forum is run voluntarily and the rules are there for a reason. Making such a huge fuss about some posts being deleted seems like a huge waste of time and effort. If you don't like the rules, don't use the forum - simple.

• 1 month later...

It's being removed because admin don't like you just as admin don't like me too

I also put up a ad a few times and each time they were taken down within the hour I live in east dulwich and I

Also run my own handyman service they were brand new ads so no fake feed back as some told me could be a reason and

I stated that my business was in east dulwich and still admin took my ad down this has happened to me now about 6-8 times so the only reason I can thnk of is that the east dulwich forum administrator is a vindictive prick

Excuse my language