Lesbians in East Dulwich

Smith-Harris

Me and my partner moved to East Dulwich last August and didn't realise how hard it was to meet people!

We've heard that ED is full of lesbians but apparently our Gay Dars aren't working anymore. We have gay friends in and around London but it would be nice to know similar minded people around the same age (mid 20s) in the area that we live in.

We'd really like to meet people (obviously just for a friendship). So if there's any other fairies out there make yourself known please :) would be great to have a few drinks and get to know you.

There is an event called Pink Thursday's that some of my gay friends go to around here. Do a search for it here on the forum as its a recurring open social event (monthly I think). If memory serves they hold it at House of Tippler on Lordship lane. Also, there are a few regular social events for people to meet each other (usually announced in the events section of the forum) that are always good fun and everyone is welcome. Usually held in the Bishop and the crowd is generally mid twenties to early thirties. I met some of my best local friends at one of them.

No problem. You'll meet plenty of people. This area is the friendliest place I've lived in London and there are plenty of lesbians--I see ladies holding hands and kissing all about my neck of the woods! Perhaps you are just in the wrong quadrant of ED. Pink Thursday's also has a facebook page where they organise other events I've been told!

Haha possibly. Either that or we don't go out enough. We're only 23 but we're like two little old ladies in bed by 10 most of the time. We have met some good friends in London but its always nice to meet and get to know people in the area you live. Thanks for the info :)

P.S. get yourself and your gay friends to ED!

hello and welcome to the area :)

Pink Thursdays - details on FB here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinkthursdays/ ... next actual Pink Thursday in East Dulwich is scheduled for August 2nd at The Draft House

Also Strawbs used to run a monthly lesbian drinks thing at The Rye - first Thursday of the month if memory serves... you can PM her - no idea if it's still running...

Crystal Palace group meeting on Sunday: http://www.meetup.com/Crystal-Palace-LGBT/events/73527702/

We have been shite about arranging things, but there's also this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4617507065/

Smith-Harris Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have lots of straight friends thanks

I'm not sure you meant it that way, but that does come across as though you're saying "I have ENOUGH straight friends thanks".

To be honest, I'm with Otta: your OP read to me like you were only interested in making friends with lesbians. In the area that I live in, I have like-minded friends based variously on musical taste, love of pig meat, ability to consume vast quantities of booze and drop some legs, pretty dresses, filthy humour, willingness to help out in a crisis and sheer, unbridled gluttony. I didn't choose any of them because of their sexual orientation.

I'm pretty sure that you didn't mean it that you only want to be friends with lesbians, but that's how your post came across to me too, so there's no need to get snippy with Otta.

For gaaaaaaaaaaaawd's sake you lot, her post wasn't 'snippy', you just choose to take it that way.

Cut the OP some slack will you? She just wants to meet some gay friends in her area. If you haven't anything helpful to add then just move along? Hopefully the advice already given will assist.