Lesbians in East Dulwich

Smith-Harris

That was basically what I was getting at, but sorry if I was a bit sarcy.

But as Rosie says, I just wouldn't consider sexuality as a criteria for a friend. You specifically say you have a partner, and you just want friendship, so surely it makes no difference?

Not being funny, just genuinely interested.

Thanks voyageur! Seems there's some pretty horrible people about but it's nice to know there's nice people out there who get where I'm coming from. Sometimes it's nice to be able to talk to people abou specifi things that people can relate to such as sexual orientation but thanks for the back up guys :)

Heh, Otta me too.

And Smith-Harris, sorry, I wasn't meaning to be argumentative, or deny your right to huge gay get-togethers (hey, come to the Gardens - that's where I live!)

I have a personal bugbear about everyone in ED always wanting everything on their own doorstep - like every kind of restaurant or shop under the sun, and your request just struck me as super-specific (lesbian, same age, local). My point was really that I'd made friends with all sorts in East Dulwich, and not one of them ticks all the boxes I might have set out when I moved here (hmm, maybe ANY of the boxes..?), but they're all kinda spiffy.

Anyway, hope you have lots of excellent evenings.

LOL I'm keeping out of this one......still remember the furore last time I dared to jovially converse on lesbian (or was it lesion?) matters......

Welcome to ED smith-harris, there are lot's of us here, and shock horror, most of us have both straight and gay firends......don't take anything anyone says on the forum to heart.....most people mean no harm.

Can I just clarify something here, being as the likes of Atticus have decided to wade in (as usual).

I think it is totally understandable that gay couples would want to know other gay couples. However, I read the OP

"Me and my partner moved to East Dulwich last August and didn't realise how hard it was to meet people!

We've heard that ED is full of lesbians but apparently our Gay Dars aren't working anymore. We have gay friends in and around London but it would be nice to know similar minded people around the same age (mid 20s) in the area that we live in.

We'd really like to meet people (obviously just for a friendship). So if there's any other fairies out there make yourself known please smiling smiley would be great to have a few drinks and get to know you."

And I genuinely wanted to know if she was interested in making any straight friends too, because she said "moved to East Dulwich last August and didn't realise how hard it was to meet people!".

I never intended to cause an uproar, but f**k me, some people like to take offence over nothing! And others like to shit stir.

Oh, dear you turn away for a min and a perfectly happy thread has devolved into the usual BS!

Otta, I think people are banging on about this (perhaps too much now!) because too often new users of the EDF are met with unnecessarily sarcy remarks which puts lots of people off using the forum. When its done to a young girl looking to make friends who is new to the area and making a perfectly reasonable request, I think it particularly rubs people the wrong way.

Rosie H, out of curiosity what are all the boxes that have gone unticked for local?!? What were you hoping for to not to get anything- Russian supermodels that in their spare time saved lives working as paratroopers?