Splinters in foot - where to go?

My 4 year old has got splinters in her foot (from running round barefoot in forest). If I can't get them out myself I may need to seek help tomorrow.

Where is most appropriate to go - Lister Walk-in at Peckham, Small injuries at Guys or A&E at Kings. Wouldn't normally consider A&E but given her age, I wonder if others would struggle given her age and trying to divert her while they do something painful / tickly. Do Guys have a kids section? Don't want to drag her there just to be told to take her to Kings.

My daughter had nasty splinter under thumb nail.we took her to kings a&e.lister wait was Long and we weren't sure they could sort it. Doctor had to cut her nail with nasty looking knifr but he was great and little one was very proud!

Thanks everyone - and the PM's. Thankfully it didn't look too bad by this morning and after a good night's sleep back home she was more in the mood to let me take a look. I managed to get the worst bits out so hopefully that'll suffice.

But will file the info in the 'useful to know' bit of being a mummy as I suspect it's only time before it'll be needed again. And will try to convince the wild child that crocs aren't the work of the devil but a good way to prevent things like this happening again! Although it was nice to see her running around, being free.

NO need to leave fragments in there. Go out and buy some magnesium sulphate - a quid or so from any chemist. Put it directly on to splinter/fragments and cover with a plaster or put some on to the inside of the plaster and then put plaster on to skin. Draws out splinters and any pus/infection....

Helen

nunheadmum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks everyone - and the PM's. Thankfully it

> didn't look too bad by this morning and after a

> good night's sleep back home she was more in the

> mood to let me take a look. I managed to get the

> worst bits out so hopefully that'll suffice.

>

> But will file the info in the 'useful to know' bit

> of being a mummy as I suspect it's only time

> before it'll be needed again. And will try to

> convince the wild child that crocs aren't the work

> of the devil but a good way to prevent things like

> this happening again! Although it was nice to see

> her running around, being free.