dulwich hamlet bootsale

johnnyenglishnew

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I went 3 weeks ago as a Seller. ?10.00 entry.

>

> Was there 3 Hours and took ?19.20

>

> Lady next to me took ?3.00

>

> And next table took ?6.00

>

> It was a scorching day. Sunshine.

>

> Just very few Buyers... with any money..

>

> Complete waste of time.

>

> Fox.

What is the organiser like at rustling up publicity and such?

It has been a very fickle summer, weather wise. It's a good space. I do hope it takes off, I don't see why it shouldn't. I think the hours are too short, I think that's a problem.

I went to the Wimbledon car boot on Saturday and it was heaving but then that is an established do. That's on from 8am to about 3pm.

johnnyenglishnew Wrote:

> what was the Wimbledon one like? did you go to

> sell or buy?

I went with a audio dealer. I buy and sell too. I was a bit distracted myself with other matters, but non the less, a good mix of collectables, consumables and general stuff, a good half day out.

johnnyenglishnew Wrote:

> oh i see, if i brung brand new items such as baby

> stuff do you think i would get any sales?

Certainly, but why not try East Dulwich car boot first as the cost of transport will knock a hole in your profit.

theron Wrote:

> MrCheeky Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > the boot sael in dulwich hamlet is very busy

> now

>

>

> Sorry Mr Cheeky but you're wrong. It's not! It's

> like the car boot sale on Craggy Island.

im not wrong at all last week it was packed solid cars and buyers was a great day and will be doing the same this sunday too

>> hello all, it states on the website walk-ins can only bring 2 bags is this true ? as it says the same on the salter road one i normal take a few bags to take and dont have any problems, also hayessfarm is that one good? how much for walk ins? opening times for sellers and closing times also? >>>

Most of the queries on Hayes Farm boot sale is covered on their website posted above. Not so sure about walk-ins and have only been as a customer, but there always seems to be plenty of business going on.

• 10 months later...

Hayes Farm is the best boot sale by far, for both seller and buyer (if you can get there). Plenty of space for stalls and plenty of parking space for buyers (which makes it good for selling larger and more expensive items too).

Can't comment on DH now though as I've only been once when it was starting up.