whodhavethoughit

spider69 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My daughter's partner went to Tesco , Surrey Quays

> this morning, queues round the block. Does it

> never stop. Left and went to a small Sainsburys at

> Canada water at least 100 people waiting for it to

> open.

Where are people keeping all this stuff? Surely they must be running out of space?

se22cat Wrote:

> Just been there - 2/3 of the shelves empty I fail

> to see any real change or progress made at all,

> apart from lots of sneaky price rises - many of

> which 20-30%!

What products have they increased prices on, that is appalling and should be reported.

I wasn't going to go out today but an elderly neighbour phoned me last night desperate for some shopping. I've managed to get bits for them in my local shop but thought I would try Sainsburys this time as knew my local wouldn't have certain items.

Got there at 8.45am this morning and an orderly queue had formed from the entrance to the cashpoints.

Two employeess were at the front entrance and letting around 10 people in every 5 minutes but once inside I think it was too many people. I didn't feel comfortable but managed to get everything including eggs. The shelves were very well stocked and the staff were marvellous. They had a tannoy message letting everybody know there were restrictions on some items.

Think I managed the whole shop in about 5/10 minutes and was just picking up some bread when there was sounds of a terrible commotion towards the exit. It was really frightening and a lot of the staff/security were relayed towards the area.

As I went out I noticed the queue was even longer and went back to the children's nursery.

When I went on Tuesday afternoon, they had some Andrex loo rolls at the front with two staff members supervising.

Like Saturday, there was more stock than the previous week with plenty of fruit & veg, an improvement on cold meats and mineral water, there were sufficient small loaves left, but the standard loaves were low.

Cleaning products, other loo rolls and tinned food were still low.

se22cat Wrote:

> kerry - too many to mention, 2/3 of what I've

> managed to buy in the last week or so have had

> this happen, it's pure profiteering from the

> scumbags stripping the shelves.

Could be all reductions have been removed rather than prices put up.

Anyway seems they have started to bring the store under control and this thread is useful - may try a visit next week.

Today at around 9.30 the queue went outside the car park, seemed good natured, but non-moving so I went to Peckham instead, delightful scenes of men & women alike spitting on streets & kerbs.

Price increases in Sainsbury's are direct increases, nothing to do with promos.

This is total madness, why are people continuing to panic buy?

Why can't people get a grip and start behaving sensibly, where are they storing everything they are buying and why do they need to shop so frequently?

Have they not understood the instruction to stay at home and only go out for essentials.

Additionally why are delivery slots constantly not available? Even if you are fortunate to get a delivery slot, their is no guarantee that what you have ordered will actually be available for delivery.

Wait for stampedes and riots to begin to get food.