Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Well at least you didn’t live here when we used to have Concorde 😂 can’t lie though, I actually find it comforting, haven’t known anything different and only realised it was a thing when a visitor pointed it out last year. It’s when the helicopters come around that it gets annoying and that used to be fairly regular too. Before the area… changed…
    • As long as there are other ways to offer feedback, but also to speak to the council about this matter, then 1-1 feedback to GALA is not a problem, but an additional option. 
    • It's four bus stops away so hardly a deterrent unless one has mobility issues. Gala nor any other events organisers are under obligation to do what they've agreed to do. I'm sure if those who are serious and want to be heard will make the effort to attend the meeting. Whether their concerns have an impact or are taken seriously. Unless you can prove Gala have purposely chosen Peckham Levels as a means to deter people from attending i don't think it helps matters by implying that there's some sort of agenda or conspiracy going on. From following this thread it appears that's it's you with the agenda. Your display of arrogance in the post above ( Let's not pretend ) suggests that we're all in agreement with you.
    • I’m Greek, and I get my information directly from Greek media. I couldn't access the Economist article, but it doesn't seem very different from what I mentioned, apart from their ideological angle—and thanks for adding the actual text. If the government involves other private educational institutions, the situation will become more complicated indeed. However, I don't think it can be compared to the Greek situation for the reasons I mentioned and those in the Economist article, which I find prejudiced and patronizing, if not racist. (But a gap between ideology and real life is something with which many Greeks seem to live quite contented) Regarding the Economist's information, I'm not sure how many private schools closed, as the Economist claims, since the law only lasted for two months. I definitely know of one school in Piraeus called Michalopouleio, but given the law's brief duration, it can't be the sole reason.  Tsipras sending his sons to a private school does create an ethical problem. However, asking him to send his sons to a public school, when public education has been chronically neglected by right-wing governments, is similar to asking leftists to give away all their money.  Additionally, the right-wing government has introduced legislation that allows private colleges and universities this year, so there's no “problem” there anymore.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In