1 oclock club - is the closing party today?

The One O Clock Club is not closing down! It will be rebuilt, but this isn't likely to happen until next year I believe. There are still discussions going on whether the old one will be knocked down and a new one built on the same site, or whether the new one will be built close to the old one. There are issues such as the outdoor play area, trees and also if built on the same footprint, there will be no club for a while. What was probably going on yesterday for the party funded by the Peckham and Nunhead community Council funds for summer events. My most recent meeting with council officers/cabinet over the future of the club was only a couple of weeks ago.

Renata

Hello all, I have been in contact with the Cabinet Member, Cllr Dora Dixon-Fyle. She would have to sign off any proposed closure of the One O clock club. No such thing has happened. She thinks that the current staff at the Peckham Rye one O clock club may have opted to take voluntary redundancy. Also she has told me that many facilities run by children's services are closed next week for annual holiday. She is organising for posters to be put up outside the clud to clarify what is happening and inform users (She is clarifying the exact situation with the club). The community Council did allocate a few hundred pounds for the One O clock club to have a mini-Olympics, summer event.

Renata

The parties held at Peckham Rye were to celebrate 50 years of Play Services at Peckham Rye.

Some parents chose to use that opportunity to say goodbye to three play-workers who were leaving.

As next week is a bank holiday and staffing is short there are play sessions at GMH park celebrating the paralympics (parents have been informed of this). Peckham Rye is not having sessions instead they are undergoing scheduled cleaning and also decommissioning of some old equipment.

Renata

• 2 weeks later...