COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?

Robbie

TE44 are you advocating for Judy Mikovits who is an anti-vaccination activist,and a conspiracy theorist?

There is a debate to be had about freedom of speech but the problem with giving such people air time is that many gullible people believe them. Parents not vaccinating their children has led to a great deal of harm. And you only have to look at the ridiculous spectacle of people burning 5 g masts in the belief that they spread covoid 19 to realise what some people will believe.

JohnL Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This is the Plandemic ?If a conclusion supports

> your existing beliefs, you'll rationalize anything

> that supports it.?

>

> https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/07/plandemic-video-

> judy-mikovits/

> https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallshepherd/2020

> /05/07/why-people-cling-to-conspiracy-theories-lik

> e-plandemic/#68eec4c05049

>

> Believe what you want or google "plandemic"

The Forbes article contains this:

My 25+ years of doing science, testifying before Congress, and monitoring social media have also revealed the following factors in why people migrate to conspiracy theories:

1) Lack of or failure to apply critical thinking skills

I personally would have thought that applying critical thinking enables people to question the official narrative, and uncover untruths. 9/11 is probably the most infamous conspiracy theory of our time. Yet how many people truly believe the version of events that were relayed to the general public?

I've seen the Plandemic, but do not know enough about Dr Mikovits or what she claims to have an opinion on it yet. For those that haven't seen it here is a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=VFWHgF8AssQ&feature=emb_logo

Peckhampam Wrote:

> TE44 are you advocating for Judy Mikovits who is

> an anti-vaccination activist,and a conspiracy

> theorist?

> There is a debate to be had about freedom of

> speech but the problem with giving such people air

> time is that many gullible people believe them.

> Parents not vaccinating their children has led to

> a great deal of harm. And you only have to look at edited to say oops don*t know how quoted message split like that

PP I have never heard of this woman before but i*ve done a little reading and you may believe anyone choosing to listen must automatically fall into being gullible. I would love to be able to ask her questions regarding much of her work. I wouldn*t assume you are unaware of the work she has done or it maybe you are and only see her as an anti vaxxer. I will be watching it with great interest and hope some of my questions regarding what Ive read already will be answered. this is a 2013 article. its a bit scientific but interesting. to believe there should be no air time given to this woman regardless of the work and involvement within this industry is you perogative. you have a choice.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/chasing-the-shadow-virus-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-and-xmrv

> the ridiculous spectacle of people burning 5 g

> masts in the belief that they spread covoid 19 to

> realise what some people will believe.

Robbie I've found we are being given information that creates a divide making it difficult for people to know what is going on. This has been going on a long time in many aspects of our life, it often looks at extremes of situations which encourages that eense of right or wrong. Take for instance the above post I have quoted. PP believes there is no room for discussion,nor any platform for anyone she believes breeds fear along with some other posters they believe anyone listening to that person is gullible. This immediately takes away any understanding of work she has done and also makes an assumption anyone wishing to listen, is easily fooled. This is far from the truth. As I'Ve said I have never came across this woman before and I've had a quick look at some of her work eg ebola.. many things that do not sit right with me, its not a question of being gullible, its more trying to see if there is room for understanding and learning without having to agree with everything.

To use fear to educate people especially around there children is a powerful tool to create divide. We've seen in politics the left becoming right, we hear scientist doctors saying should/shouldnt wear a mask, tventilate/dont ventilate, contagious cash while libraries still open and so on.

Pharmaceutical markets calling thereself Global Antisense and RNAi therapeutics, makes sense, if you get what I mean.Here is a link its very interesting stuff. There are many problems I see in this industry but I would like to understand a little more, especially nano medicine.

https://jordansheel.com/global-antisense-and-rnai-therapeutics-market/

Sorry again, correcting spelling mistakes

Yes malumbu, you do realise that now makes you a critical thinker. The next step in your travels through grifterdom is to start your own YouTube channel so that you can explain this remarkable scientific discovery to all the free thinkers out there. Presentation is everything, make it look like you're in your Mum and Dad's spare box room, this will appeal to your target audience. During filming don't forget to throw in a few colourful bar charts, my neighbour's 6yo can help you out with this if you're stuck. Finally the moneyshot ending, make the plaintive plea that in order for you to continue your intellectual crusade for truthfulness you have a gofundme page. Rinse and repeat...

diable rouge Wrote:

> Yes malumbu, you do realise that now makes you a

> critical thinker. The next step in your travels

> through grifterdom is to start your own YouTube

> channel so that you can explain this remarkable

> scientific discovery to all the free thinkers out

> there. Presentation is everything, make it look

> like you're in your Mum and Dad's spare box room,

> this will appeal to your target audience. During

> filming don't forget to throw in a few colourful

> bar charts, my neighbour's 6yo can help you out

> with this if you're stuck. Finally the moneyshot

> ending, make the plaintive plea that in order for

> you to continue your intellectual crusade for

> truthfulness you have a gofundme page. Rinse and

> repeat...

Gofundme page or taxes. Spare box room or the Houses of Parliament.

Presentation is everything as you say.

TE44. Did you read my post before slamming it? Near the beginning I said "There is a debate to be had about freedom of

speech" How do you get from that to "pp believes there is no room for discussion"? And I certainly did not say there should be no platform for anyone I believes breeds fear. If you want to appear reasonable you need to not misquote anyone who may have a different view from you

PP Im sorry if I*ve misunderstood you. Are you aware there is a vaccine damage system set up, Do you believe there should be free speech for people who wish to speak about this. do you believe Judy Mikovits being removed from youtube was the wrong decision. Im slightly puzzled at what you are saying. Do you believe "gullible' people are easily fooled where they cannot decide for themselves what they believe is best for there childre. Sorry I don*t mean to bombard you butI did not mean to misquote you and I can see where Ive made assumptions about what you tyoped.

diable rouge Wrote:

> Funny how your critical thinking only works in one

> direction...

critical thinking

noun

the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgement.

I am yet to form a judgement on the Covid-19 issue, neither have many people, hence my opening comment on this thread inviting discussion on the matter which also requested links to sources. My current opinion based on the amount of evidence currently available, is that the official narratives to do not accurately reflect the true severity of the situation.

I would suggest that unless you are able to productively contribute, either observe and or research the content people are providing, or just ignore it.

robbie

verb

as in ''doing a robbie'', not to be confused with ''doing a jobbie'', although resultant is often the same.

''I would suggest that unless you are able to productively contribute, either observe and or research the content people are providing, or just ignore it.''

And who are you to decide what is a 'productive contribution'? I'm simply applying my own 'critical thinking'...

diable rouge Wrote:

> Hope this makes sense TE44. Seasonal flu puts a

> lot of pressure on the NHS every winter, despite

> the flu jab reducing the spread and number of

> people being infected. C19 is far more contagious

> than seasonal flu and we have no jab for it. The

> whole point of the lockdown is to prevent the

> spread and thus avoid overwhelming the NHS and

> social care services...

Granted, productive is subjective but I did find this comment to be a productive contribution of yours. It may contradict what the CDC have stated, however I would be inclined to agree with your thought process.

On that note, I would expect some restrictions to be lifted tomorrow given the current widespread availability of hospital beds up and down the country.

Critical thinking is about challenging others ideas - the challenges can be used to prove or disprove the theory but you need supporting evidence and valid reasoning not just raw emotion and slick presentation.

A lot of truths are presented - but they are well known usually historical truths and used to legitimize the presenters before linking in the dodgy theory. Alien programs do this all the time on History2 and the like, they go through interesting historical fact to catch the interest of the viewer before the line "Space Alien researchers believe ...."

Obviously professional researchers see through this and here's a debunk of just some of the claims

https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/zdoggmd/86351

There are loads similar pages.

JohnL Wrote:

> Critical thinking is about challenging others

> ideas...

I'd argue that critical thinking should also be about challenging your own ideas about others' ideas, something the conspiracy theorists fail to do...

DR, I agree, just watched that video and definitely made me question my own beliefs. I was surprised as well asshe is not against vaccines. will put up a link when I can, off to play ppoker.

diable rouge Wrote:

> JohnL Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Critical thinking is about challenging others

> > ideas...

>

> I'd argue that critical thinking should also be

> about challenging your own ideas about others'

> ideas, something the conspiracy theorists fail to

> do...

Is that not how conspiracy theories are born though? Challenging your own automatic acceptance (your own idea) of an official narrative (others ideas). Once upon a time a conspiracy theorist thought that the Earth was round.

In other news - The Welsh First Minister has just announced that people will be able to exercise outside more than once a day in Wales and some garden centres set to reopen. I doubt we will see anything more if that in England.

Robbie Wrote:

> diable rouge Wrote:

> -----

> > JohnL Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Critical thinking is about challenging others

> > > ideas...

> >

> > I'd argue that critical thinking should also be

> > about challenging your own ideas about others'

> > ideas, something the conspiracy theorists fail

> to

> > do...

>

> Is that not how conspiracy theories are born

> though? Challenging your own automatic acceptance

> (your own idea) of an official narrative (others

> ideas). Once upon a time a conspiracy theorist

> thought that the Earth was round.

Not quite, I was saying that the conspiracy theorists never challenge their own 'theories', just the targets of their 'theories'...

> In other news - The Welsh First Minister has just

> announced that people will be able to exercise

> outside more than once a day in Wales and some

> garden centres set to reopen. I doubt we will see

> anything more if that in England.

In Wales it was illegal to go outside more than once. There was no such legal diktat for England, Scotland and NI...

The laws in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland do not specify - or limit - how many times per day someone can leave their house for any of these reasons.

Although the Government advice is to exercise once a day, the law does not say how many times a day this is allowed to happen.

But in Wales, exercise is permitted "no more than once a day".

Source: ITV...

Robbie, I do not believe the PCR test is accurate, i don*t understand how they can a;;ow different levels of amplifications, I have heard this mentioned before and also heard the genetic material can actually be an immune response to being ill. I think the lack of information and unwillingness to share the way these tests work and the implications of the different levels of magnification even within the healing profession frontline workers are expected to have faith in these tests, without having that connection with what tests are being used . I have never heard efexosomes and I was slightly confused with how they caused a problem when they neither cause nor spread infections. the link did not work for me but I found it on youtube. I do believe many thing effect our immune system and I also believe our bodies will react differently. I see there is exosome treatment, I can*t imagine what that would involve, I*ve had a very quick look only. I think the public should be informed about the tests. there should be more transparency.

The people Judy Mikovitshe is naming in the most atrocious crimes, surely would have some case against her if it was not true, she has been compiling all information since gagging order was lifted. I believe she is a brave woman and I would like to see her accusers respond to what she has to say. I felt she included herself when she spoke about people believing they were doing the right thing.