Southwark Recycling Centre - is it open?

I have great difficulty in finding a Utility Bill issued within 3 months in my name as most of them appear in hubby's name. He is a non driver. Many of our bills only issued 6 monthly and others are via email. Will they accept a bank statement instead of a utility?

I think if you have proof of ID (driving licence/passport) and proof of address you'll be fine.

Yesterday they only asked to see my ID, they recognised car reg from their records based on permit issued (they know who to expect within each hour).

Just take hubby with you if possible (and his ID/bills/bank statement) ?

I had a slot booked today at 1pm but when i went to print out the permit this morning it said "page not known".

Was going to try my luck without permit but decided that all things considered not worth the risks. Kid Kruger's post suggests I'd have been ok as i had the other proof of id/address.

not sure what this means sandyman.

After applying for permit, you get an email confirming the details of the permit (address, car reg no, list of item types you're dumping, allot time slot) - there is an option to print the permit, but you can just show the phone to people at the dump.

I wasn't even asked for mine, the chaps at roundabout before dump saw my car reg and knew who I was - likewise inside the dump, they knew from my car reg what I was dumping and advised me what to dump in which bin.

i could see the main info required was in the confirmation email but maybe i was being too much of a stickler for the rules so I clicked on where it said "print permit PDF" and the screenshot of the page that came up is attached.

i thought i could probably show them the email on phone and it would be fine, but didn't want to load up the car and arrive and encounter someone who wouldn't let me drop of rubbish without proper printout - the confirmation emails don't actually have names on it.

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> not sure what this means sandyman.

> After applying for permit, you get an email

> confirming the details of the permit (address, car

> reg no, list of item types you're dumping, allot

> time slot) - there is an option to print the

> permit, but you can just show the phone to people

> at the dump.

> I wasn't even asked for mine, the chaps at

> roundabout before dump saw my car reg and knew who

> I was - likewise inside the dump, they knew from

> my car reg what I was dumping and advised me what

> to dump in which bin.

The confirmation emails don?t have the name on, you are correct.

However you have proof of address with your name on, proof of your ID, and proof of a permit at that address.

I?m not saying that without showing the permit you will get in (even though I did), but the council will be aware of any problems because they will be affecting many people.

Overall the guys I dealt with where nice guys and they didn?t seem to be looking to hassle anybody unnecessarily, I think they just want to get the job done safely.

Let us know how you get on!

Got the permit online a few days ago. There were earlier slots available but we had a couple of jobs planned we wanted to finish so we could take as much as we could.

Arrived and put the permit and proof of address on the dashboard, had to move the proof of address closer so it could be read. Directed to join the queue - 5 cars ahead of us in queue. They seemed to radio between each other and then direct you in.

4 cars allowed in, one person at each bin at a time - not an issue on our visit. Staff directed you where to go for the bin if needed.

All very efficient. About 20 minutes from arriving to leaving.

If you mean you want to print the permit, you don?t need to.

I didn?t.

Just have it on your phone or tablet to show through the window of your car.

intexasatthe moment Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Am I the only person who doesn't have a printer ?

> I used to go the library for the rare things I

> needed .

• 5 months later...