Royal Mail delivery

I'm awaiting about 6 parcels that should have been here last week. Copleston Road.

Haven't seen my usual postman on his rounds either. So assumed he's off ill.

However, these parcels should come with a man in a van and wouldn't be part of his rounds.

These guys must be super busy!

Sue Wrote:

--------------------------------------------------

>

> I'm expecting an urgent letter in the next few

> days, which had better blooming arrive because

> it's time critical :(

No sign of it. There's a surprise.

ETA: Anyone else finding they get post in dribs and drabs over the course of a few hours? There seems to be no kind of system.

I was in court last week at Bexleyheath (Shitehole) explaining why I didn't reply to a letter allegedly sent by the Met for me to provide vehicle/driver details on the enclosed form, which I never received.

They had proof of postage.

I referred them to look at this thread and explained the problems we've been having as a possible reason why I never received the form.

Not Guilty !

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> nxjen Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I?m thinking about going digital this year

>

>

> I use Jacqui Lawson for nice digital Christmas

> "cards" which the recipients seem to appreciate.

>

> I send very few actual cards through the post.

>

> Obviously the downside is that you don't have a

> card to display, however there are other sites

> where you can send digital cards which can be

> printed off. You can't do that with most of the

> Jacqui Lawson cards, because they move :)

>

> It's also much less time consuming, because once

> you have the contact email addresses saved on the

> site, you can send the same card and message to a

> lot of people at once.

ETA: And I've just found out that this year you can send them to loads of people even more easily, because you can share the card via a link, so you can for example put it into a newsletter.

But there's no limit to the number of cards you can send individually.

(BTW no I have no connection to the site, and in fact I think the quality of the graphics has gone downhill since it was sold, plus they seem to have removed all the nice old Jacqui Lawson cards :( But it's still OK and good value!)

Post has been severely disrupted not just here but across the whole network as more people are currently ordering online.

The issue of the merging of sorting offices has compounded the problem in this area.

Over the years, the post office has reduced capacity to match demand to the point where they are now not able to withstand a surge that a visually impaired person could see coming.

What drives me mad is that despite this catastrophic failure, the cost of stamps are going up in the New Year.

Maybe this is the death throes of the post office (I hope not) but something needs to happen to stop the post office becoming the Grinch this year

How do you go about getting a refund from RM? A relative paid extra for next day delivery on a parcel which still hasn't arrived (2 days later).

We just received our post today, first time for at least 5 days. Still no Christmas cards, just a load of miserable stuff like my Barclaycard statement dated 4th December.

People are paying for a service and not getting it! When do we stop doing this?

There is a global pandemic . People are off sick , people are ordering everything on line . And the posties are working their areas off. Think they deserve a pat of the back tbh . I do appreciate it's not great service but something has to give at the moment

The problems in East Dulwich date from before the pandemic and were also evident in the summer when infections were very much lower than they are now. This is not just a recent issue. If RM can't deliver first class letters within a day or two then they shouldn't be charging a premium for the stamps. Same with signed for delivery and next day delivery. Don't take people's money for a service that doesn't exist!

Peckman,the pandemic is of course part of the cause and no one is blaming the hard working post people, but as tomskip points out this has been going on since the closure of the East Dulwich sorting office. It was closed to save money and our mail was diverted to an already over capacity sorting office in Peckham so no surprise that they can't handle an increase in volume.

The problem is that people will start to question if the post office is a viable delivery option going forward.

People need to flood Ms Harman's email / social media accounts to raise our concerns and see what she can do to assist !

Great that Helen Hayes has been very involved, but we aren't seeing an improvement in our service are we? Last year I got a pile of Christmas cards way after Christmas. My son got his birthday cards about two weeks after his mid September birthday. I'm sure I posted about this on threads on the ED Forum last year.

tomskip Wrote:

> Great that Helen Hayes has been very involved, but

> we aren't seeing an improvement in our service are

> we? Last year I got a pile of Christmas cards way

> after Christmas. My son got his birthday cards

> about two weeks after his mid September birthday.

> I'm sure I posted about this on threads on the ED

> Forum last year.

I'm not sure what else Helen can do on top of what she has already done, short of delivering all the mail herself :))

tomskip Wrote:

> No, I'm not sure what Helen can do on top of what

> she has already done. What has she already done?

I have already outlined it in several threads on this forum, as have other people.

Maybe you could do a search.

It includes fighting the closure of the Sylvester Road delivery office, suggesting alternatives to the relevant Royal Mail managers, visiting the Peckham office recently to look at the problems herself, taking the issues up with local and central Royal Mail management, and taking up individual cases.

What more do you think she can or should do, exactly?

Sue Wrote:

> tomskip Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > No, I'm not sure what Helen can do on top of

> what

> > she has already done. What has she already

> done?

>

> I have already outlined it in several threads on

> this forum, as have other people.

>

> Maybe you could do a search.

>

> It includes fighting the closure of the Sylvester

> Road delivery office, suggesting alternatives to

> the relevant Royal Mail managers, visiting the

> Peckham office recently to look at the problems

> herself, taking the issues up with local and

> central Royal Mail management, and taking up

> individual cases.

>

> What more do you think she can or should do,

> exactly?

Little bit brusque there Sue! You are the one who brought Helen Hayes into this again. My question was "how long are we going to put up with this situation, is there anything we can do?" are you suggesting that the only person who can have any input into solving the ED post problems is Helen Hayes?

I didn't intend to be brusque!

You asked what Helen had already done, which tbh I thought for anyone concerned was already common knowledge, but hey ho.

Apologies if I upset you.

And as she is our MP, she would seem to be the last port of call, but maybe you have other suggestions? Sadiq Khan? Boris Johnson? I expect they would each immediately put it to the top of their to do list

🤣🤣🤣

Many people on here, including myself, have already at various times complained to both the local delivery manager and the CEO of Royal Mail.