Traffic barrier - Goodrich Road

The closure of Goodrich Road, at the corner of Dunstans Road, has reappeared in 'Batch 2' of the council's 'Post-Lockdown Highway Schemes'. Unlike the other 'School Streets' schemes in Dulwich, this is a permanent closure, on account of the school 'not having the resources' to be able to manage a timed-closure. Which does beggar belief given that it's one of the largest Primary schools in the borough....

Since it was first proposed back in May, there has been no attempt by the Council to inform, let alone consult the local residents who live on these streets, during the many days and weeks outside of school hours. The main gates of the primary school are on Dunstans Rd & Upland Rd, so it also makes little sense to enforce this closure, and drive more cars up & down the very roads on which the Council are trying to encourage more walking, cycling, and distancing.

I've been told repeatedly by the Council that they were intending to make residents aware, but this has never happened. It all seems to be such a strange and heavy-handed decision, I can't help but wonder if there is some kind of other agenda at play.....?

Has the school approved this version of the plan as I thought they had told the council they didn't think their plans were going to help with the problem they were trying to address and actually make matters worse?

I had also heard the majority of the school's teachers drive and park locally and we're worried about the impact.

They're 'descoping' it to the extent that it's now a permanent closure at one end of the road, rather than both. But it's still going ahead as a permanent closure:

http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/documents/s90208/APPENDIX%2012%20GOODRICH%20ROAD.pdf

I don't know whether the teachers have been consulted, but local residents haven't even been informed, let alone asked. It all seems very odd given that the main entrances to the primary school aren't actually on this road. So it can only end up driving more traffic up and down the roads on which they're trying to encourage active travel and distance.

And funnily enough those were the Dulwich Hill Ward councillor's own comments on the original proposal, but they've been totally ignored. All quite strange !

And funnily enough those were the Dulwich Hill Ward councillor's own comments on the original proposal, but they've been totally ignored. All quite strange !

Well, they'll be up for punishment beatings and re-education then from the Tooley St. apparat. The Goose Green squad have been keeping their noses well clean. They know the score.