Little Clippers - mega-expensive?

Jenny I

I am all for supporting local businesses, so long as I get a good service. It appears that I am not alone thinking that the service could be a little temperamental. A lot of people rate Little Clippers very highly, so I thought it must be me, but maybe not! And last time I went there, for a back to school haircut, I did feel like a 5 minute job of cutting 1cm max of my daughter's hair (she has short hair) really should not cost ?15! She did not even finish one episode of the Peppa that was on TV..I am watching this thread with interest for alternatives, I am sorry Little Clippers. Oh also, you might want to have a chat with your employees about the loyalty card stamps; I forgot to get a stamp after the cut and went back for one 5 minutes later. The lady wasn't impressed! I don't know why I bother really...

I don't think the price they charge is too expensive considering they have to cut hair whilst child is wriggling about. Do feel a bit sorry for girls with short hair as pricing seems to be done on sex rather than hair length? I have a toddler, maybe when he is a bit older and less wriggly I will take him to a regular barbers, but I have always had good service when I have been.

• 3 months later...
Sadly this goes way beyond the pricing. Today the stylist at Little Clipper who was cutting children's hair was intoxicated and smelt very strongly of alcohol. EDF can take this down as they have my other post but this is a statement of fact and that the general ED public need to be aware of this as it is at best appalling and at worst dangerous.

No surly (or drunk) staff on my visit today - I took my two boys in here for the first time and I was amazed at how patient our lady was in the face of a screaming, reluctant 2 year old that wouldn't even sit in the chair. She never gave up on him and after 20mins when he'd calmed down and got used to the place she did a good job of cutting his hair with me standing up holding him in my arms distracting him with a dinosaur & the screen. Gold star for perseverance.

Two cuts in 30mins plus toys, tv and lollies - my 7 yr old's looks great (every bit as good as GK barbers on Melbourne where we normally go) but the real prize? My 2 yr old got the haircut he's needed for a year and we've hopefully removed some of the trauma of hairdressers for him.

One grateful customer.