When is ED Leisure Centre reopening?

I have received a response from the council this morning:

Camberwell Leisure Centre, Dulwich Leisure Centre, The Castle Centre, Peckham Pulse Leisure Centre, Seven Islands Leisure Centre, Surrey Docks Fitness and Watersports Centre, Geraldine Mary Harmsworth Sports Facility and Southwark Athletics Centre, which are managed by sports and leisure operator Everyone Active on behalf of Southwark Council, will reopen their doors on Saturday 1 August.

The leisure centres will be opened using a phased approach to further ensure the safety of customers. The swimming pool facilities at these centres will be reopening for lane swimming and clubs from Thursday 20 August, with a lane booking system in place. The Everyone Active Learn to Swim Programme will also commence from Saturday 22 August. All customers will be communicated to directly regarding the details for reopening.

Not so sure about the showers.. The Brockwell Gym opened on Saturday past and no shower facilities for the time being - changing rooms blocked off completely with only access to the toilets. It wouldn?t surprise me if they did something similar there, worth checking in advance.

Froglander Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If anyone on here goes on Saturday, please report

> back. I presume showers and toilets will be open

> as well.

I hear no showers in most places (why am I linking the Sun ! so I removed the link but it says the below)

reheated water at 0.25c an hour

No showers

Changing Room closed

social distancing

beach ready

We're finished opening up now according to Whitty and may even lock down a bit.

snoopy17 Wrote:

> how do you get changed if the changing rooms are

> closed, I don't expect many people to arrive in a

> swimming costume.

You wear your costume already - like down the beach - that's what they mean by beachwear

I've used swim shorts for years - teenage when I last wore speedos (and it was the 80s) LOL

JohnL Wrote:

> snoopy17 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > how do you get changed if the changing rooms

> are

> > closed, I don't expect many people to arrive in

> a

> > swimming costume.

>

>

> You wear your costume already - like down the

> beach - that's what they mean by beachwea

But then after your swim you have to put your dry clothes over a wet costume and go home like that? 😮

Sue Wrote:

> JohnL Wrote:

> -----

> > snoopy17 Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > how do you get changed if the changing rooms

> > are

> > > closed, I don't expect many people to arrive

> in

> > a

> > > swimming costume.

> >

> >

> > You wear your costume already - like down the

> > beach - that's what they mean by beachwea

>

>

> But then after your swim you have to put your dry

> clothes over a wet costume and go home like that?

> 😮

It looks like - loose baggy clothes might be appropriate:)

20th August

You need the app to book a slot. There?ll be fast and slower swimmer options. Each session lasts fifty minutes. You are encouraged to arrive swimming-ready and changing areas and showers will be open for after your swim, according to an employee I talked to.

• 1 month later...
Having tried almost daily to book a slow lane swim for hubby- all daytime and evening slots are full up 7 days in advance. New system is that you have to use an app for Track and Trace - for those with a basic phone without apps- we have asked whether the pen and paper system is still in place. Also - no lockers available - you have to take pot luck that your cards/phones are not stolen.

echoing what the above poser said-I left my things on a shelf provided by the pool-

I would book online and go on the waitlist-I did that and the day before slots became available.

FYI if you dont have the App for the Covid tracking point your camera on your phone at the QR code (the square box with the pixels in)and that should lead to opening Safari so you can still log your details.

Hope this makes sense-I'm sure someone could explain it better!

I've only managed to book sessions a week ahead - whenever I try to book I look on all the subsequent days but they're invariably full so not sure how previous poster is managing to get them nearer the time. I just looked and the ONLY slot is next Monday for family swimming. I'm a lane swimmer but have had to book a family swim for this week as that was all I could get. Not sure what to expect! I don't think you can put yourself on a waiting list for the pool, just the gym sessions. I appreciate that it's very tricky for them in the circumstances and sure they're doing their best, but it's still frustrating.

echoing what the above poser said-I left my things on a shelf provided by the pool-

I would book online and go on the waitlist-I did that and the day before slots became available.

FYI if you dont have the App for the Covid tracking point your camera on your phone at the QR code (the square box with the pixels in)and that should lead to opening Safari so you can still log your details.

Hope this makes sense-I'm sure someone could explain it better!

Some of us only have basic Nokia phones, some of which do not have cameras.