Are you interested in the writing of nonsense and silliness?

NotBigNotClever

Hi, recently moved to the SE22 area and keen to pursue something I've always wanted to do...simply writing down some nonsense, then some silliness, then laugh, almost as an end in itself, but who knows..! Thing is, it is the kind of thing that by oneself would be like Jack Nicholson at his type-writer in the Shining, but with someone else could be fun and maybe productive. So, having spent the last 30-something years enjoying absurdity, and being told I'm an idiot who comes out with stupid nonsense and lame jokes, I'm thinking now I'm going to have some real fun with it.

So, do you know anyone locally who'd be great for me to bounce ideas off/with? PM me if you do! Thanks!

p.s. For those of you wondering if this is a great time to chip in with a cynical/negative reply, PLEASE DO, GREAT IDEA!

Burbage Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> LondonLogCo Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > What is this thread about?

>

> It appears to be about a gibberist short of an

> outlet. I'd let well alone, myself.

gibber, gibber hey.

• 1 month later...

Beautiful Railway Bridge of the Silv'ry Tay!

Alas! I am very sorry to say,

That ninety lives have been taken away,

On the last Sabbath day of 1879,

Which will be remember'd for a very long time.

'Twas about seven o'clock at night,

And the wind it blew with all its might,

And the rain came pouring down,

And the dark clouds seem'd to frown,

And the Demon of the air seem'd to say-

"I'll blow down the Bridge of Tay."

McGonagall,

Performing at a Circus.

Tel-el-Kebir?. Up to this point he had miraculously escaped the fierce fusilade that greeted his entrance; but his face, that had been liberally rouged in the dressing-room , now began to be streaked with white, and his tartan robes were bespattered with the yolks of eggs, and here and there pieces of shell clung to them. The first few lines of the ?poems? were listened to, but when the ?poet? raised his voice to a hoarse shout the gravity of his hearers gave way, and derisive cheers broke forth from all quarters, accompanied by another shower of flour, eggs and bread. Ignoring this byplay, the ?poet? held bravely on, but a red herring for a second or two broke the continuity of his recitation. Wiping his face ruefully, he proceeded to relate how :-

?Arabi?s army were about 70,000 in all,

And virtually speaking, it was not very small.?

This information invoked uproarious laughter, and brought forth another dozen or so eggs. One hit the ?poet? on the shoulder, and the result he for a moment gingerly surveyed with puckered brows. The climax having now been reached, the McGonagal unsheathed his sword, an furiously slashed the air for a short time. The recitation ultimately being concluded, the ?poet? waved his sword triumphantly, and strode with a majestic mein from the ring., accompanied by a parting volley of eggs. A storm of applause followed and after a rather lengthy ?wait? the ?poet? reappeared, and, bowing, rapidly retreated. The unusually quick movements of the ?poet? rather took the spectators aback, and he had almost reached the exit of the arena before he was caught in a shower of missiles. An encore was enthusiastically demanded, but the ?poet? declined to comply, and the other items on the programme were proceeded with.

Sorry I forgot.

A man in Denmark has made headlines around the world after he moved a Shetland pony into his second-floor flat.

Palle Brinch is thought to have brought the animal to live with him and his nine-year-old daughter in an attempt to recreate a Danish children's film Gummi Tarzan, which features a pony living in an apartment.

Palle and his nine-year-old daughter showered the pony in their bathroom and kept it in the kitchen overnight. Concerned neighbours alerted the local authorities about a "rumbling ceiling and a manure-like stench".

The pony has been relocated to a more suitable home in the countryside with Palle's relatives. Danish police say that no charges have been filed.

"A house is not a natural environment for a horse to live in," commented a spokeswoman for the RSPCA. "Such a situation would cause many hazards for both horses and humans. It is quite extraordinary what some people will do."

If I were an Elephant I might have remembered.