new clothes shop (in the ED Warehouse)

Hello everyone..

We wanted to spread the word about our new little venture.. We have noticed that East Dulwich is lacking in the affordable clothes market especially for both Men and Woman. So, after a lot of thinking we have got ourselves a pitch at the new Warehouse behind Cafe Nero on Lordship Lane.. Its such a lovely place and anyone who hasnt been in there yet should give it a try.. So we have set up a clothing store called The Apartment selling vintage and modern second hand clothing.. there is a mix of original 70's coats bought in Brooklyn, NY and old LA T-Shirts to modern lables such as French Connection, Coast, Zara etc.. It is just an experiement at this stage for one Saturday only (next week)so we will be charging very low prices to test the water. We are a little nervous about the whole thing but very excited and would love you all to come down and have a look. If it's a rip roaring success then we will keep the pitch... next stop Covent Garden...

Does this mean I'll be able to finally drag my other half into Dulwich of a weekend? He refuses to come shopping with me as there is so little in the way of Men's shops.

I think its a great idea. i popped into the warehouse yesterday and to be honest it was pretty quiet. It seemed such a shame and I'm not sure why. Has it not been advertised well?

Hello everyone by the way - I'm new to the forum but think I may already be addicted to it..

Hi Shell, resistance is futile...

and EarlyTowers, I'm very excited about this - as I have vigorously asserted elsewhere on the forum, I don't expect to be able to buy all my clothes in ED, but I'm very excited at any new opportunities to pick up more interesting stuff (more interesting that White Stuff!) The ethical clothing stand in the warehouse is fab, so you'll be a very welcome addition.

I'm actually away next Saturday, so won't be able to come down - hopefully though it will be a roaring success and I'll see you the week after!

AAAhhh very pleased with all the friendly responses so far.. We have only booked for one saturday at the moment to see how it goes. If it works, we would definately want to expand to other days, but we thought we would pick the busiest day to start off with.. lull us into a false sense of security...

We still have one week of sourcing new stock so if anyone has any suggestions of what sort of things they would like to see on sale, we would really welcome your input..

But things like this retain the creativity of Dulwich.It is relatively small I suppose but its only a minutes walk from Cafe Nero and thats constantly busy - the warehouse has the potential to be a really great addition to this area - we mustn't let it close - we need to support these ventures.

The warehouse as a venture is a great idea but for me it lacks substance. I do still pop in every so often but there is nothing different or special going on there.

I will, however be down next Saturday to see if the temporary addition will flick switches..

I hope the place stays .. as long as it improves..

Its a tricky one.

The nice bloke who runs petit chou is thinking about having a cafe in there - but isn't sure there is the custom. Yet a really good coffee bar would help bring in the custom i'm sure.

Chicken and the egg but I hope he goes for it.

You're right though Benjaminty it does need more. A music stall would be great.

It's better than it was, but still a bit of a Double Deckers/Why Don't You feel about it. All that's missing is the beanbags. I don't want designer chic, but it's too church hall gonk for me. (I do go, however, and buy cheese and oysters, but wouldn't want to linger.) Nero

shell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Its a tricky one.

>

> The nice bloke who runs petit chou is thinking

> about having a cafe in there - but isn't sure

> there is the custom. Yet a really good coffee bar

> would help bring in the custom i'm sure.

>

> Chicken and the egg but I hope he goes for it.

>

> You're right though Benjaminty it does need more.

> A music stall would be great.

I would love a little cafe in their sellling great coffee. Used to pop into Le Chandelier but I now feel it's a bit to 'glam' if you just want a cup of something. I usually go after the gym and look pretty red faced and unattractive. A little cafe where I could go without having to put make up and smart clothes on, would suit me to a t.

Hi EarlyTowers....this sounds great! Request for vintage handbags and shoes please!

The EDWarehouse is a great concept, but I always forget about it. Maybe some more signage on Lordship Lane to remind me to pop in when I am up that way on a Saturday?

Hello Slinks,

Thanks for your interest - we have a selection of women's ( and men's ) jackets and coats so hopefully you'll find something to keep out the cold. And dont worry about it being overpriced. We dont have the overheads of spitalfields so are able to keep prices nice and low.

Most of our items will be between ?5 and ?18 with the odd very special item going for a little more.

Hope this answers your question.

Earlytowers.