Fire (Stuart Road) (policy on open fires?)

vandam

I walked past this site at about 4.30pm this afternoon. There was a "contained" fire burning in a metal container... and next to it a large, uncontained bonfire of all the timber that was too big to fit in the metal drum; as far as I could see in the dark, much of it consisted of painted beams from the garages. One man working on site, looking pretty miserable trying to demolish a brick wall on his own with a sledgehammer. Pretty sure that the fire would still have been raging when he locked up and went home - it had a good five hours' worth of fuel on it.

Worth another visit from the environmental team perhaps? Suggest at the end of the working day when they're trying to get rid of the day's waste.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I want to hire a car for a few days soon, does anybody have any suggestions about a good company to use please?
    • Please contact me if you lost a gold ring in Dulwich park. Found Saturday morning 8th June.  tel 07989419820
    • Thank you all for all your help, no, there are no plans on the portal for the internal work e.g. chimney breasts or removal of internal wall (but there are for the external) so I have options to contact the council if necessary too.  
    • Are their plans up on the Southwark Planning Portal? https://planning.southwark.gov.uk/online-applications/ This should show exactly what they are planning to do. Permitted development doesn't apply to flats. To build an extension to a flat you must apply for planning permission. https://www.planningportal.co.uk/permission/common-projects/flats-and-maisonettes/extending-ground-floor-flat Therefore the plans should be there.  
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In