Burglaries in Barry Road

pistachet1

A shout out to all the neighbors of East Dulwich and specially the Barry Road / Silvester Road area:

There have been a series of burglaries in the area in the last few days / weeks. Police warned my girlfriend last week and when she told me it sounded like one of those things that would never happen to us.

Yesterday someone broke into our house to be surprised by our flatmate around 6 30 in the evening on her way back from work. Luckily they didn't have time to take much but some jewelry.

Apparently they tend to use the backdoor or back windows to be less exposed. I don't know if it is a single individual or a gang. Police were inspecting the scene of the crime searching for digital prints. They are on the case and have an idea of who could be.

It's an awful feeling not to feel safe in your own house, we are trying to take action and improve the security in our flat. But I feel the best action is to spread the word and let everybody know what's happening. Together we can be alert and help to track down the robbers. I would ask everybody to keep your eyes open and report any suspicious behavior to the police right away.

Thank you very much, and thanks to the East Dulwich Forum for allowing me to reach all of you readers and neighbors.

"I think the sale of pirate dvds in pubs is nowhere near as upsetting as a break in to your home." - AGREED.

pistachet1, so sorry to hear this. I live on Barry Rd and had my flat broken into over the summer on a Saturday evening around the same time, and likewise from the back garden/rear window. My gut feeling is that it's the same person/people doing it. I hope you're both feeling better soon. It's horrid not feeling safe in your own home. I still unlock my front door and half-expect to have been robbed again.

Did your flatmate get a look at the intruder? Great that the police are on it. Good luck - I hope they catch the bastard/s and that you're feeling safe again soon. :)

Yeah, not so worried about the people selling dodgy DVDs either...

Thanks so much for your kind words BecsBex. Lets hope they catch the bastard(s) soon. Unfortunatelly my flatmate didn't get to see them. She was even frightened to move at all.

The funny thing is that the police had a suspect in mind, someone who is 'out of jail and back in the area'. It sounds a bit like out of a movie script but that's what they said. Apparently they know what he looks like but have no actual evidence against him.

Noticed a policeman walking in the opposite direction to me as I made my way home down Barry Rd earlier this evening. He was in his proper bobby hat, too, which brought me extra joy because I like those hats. They're fun.

I've just had an electrician round to fix a light fitting - he was 20 mins late because he'd been stopped and questioned by police after they noticed him stop in his car twice and apparently eye up the houses. This was in fact because he (the electrician) was trying to find my house number in the dark. Apparently he showed them the text I sent him when organising the repair job and then all was fine.

HURRAH! I'm impressed - hope this is an ongoing thing. Interrogate everyone visiting Barry Road until they catch the thief, I say! Rah rah rah.

**Edited to fix overuse of the word 'road'.

creative_username_1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I had my backdoors smashed in last week. A

> harrowing experience that i wouldn't wish on

> anyone. Luckily not much was taken

is there easy access to your backdoors or would they have had to climb through a garden to get there? Some of these people will stop at nothing and rarely seem to get much out of it, but it doesn't half leave you sore if you're on the recieving end. I think some people just do it to unsuspecting victims for the thrill of it, makes me sick. We should lock them up together and see how much they like it then.

creative_username_1 Wrote:

> I had my backdoors smashed in last week. A

> harrowing experience that i wouldn't wish on

> anyone. Luckily not much was taken

Now that is quite funny, far better than your other material

???? Wrote:

> creative_username_1 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I had my backdoors smashed in last week. A

> > harrowing experience that i wouldn't wish on

> > anyone. Luckily not much was taken

>

>

> Now that is quite funny, far better than your

> other material

Hi ????? that's only my second post.

• 3 weeks later...

Read this thread thinking "" it will never happen to us"". Well guess what, tonight we joined the Barry road 'been robbed' club. Not much else to add other than A: Our sympathies to other hard working folk that have lost personal items to scum. B: What are the police doing?? It's obvious this road has had many burglaries. C: What kind of lowlife dogs spittle breaks into someones home a week before yule??

Oh well. Onwards and upwards. Be vigilant or be at home. Always!