Recycling - anyone know where I can recycle 04 plastics?

Elly_B

Here's a nice article from Which? but it wont be helpful for your query - I've not found anything on line and I find it highly frustrating that so much plastic is not easily recyclable, worse still is specifically non-recyclable. Ferrero rocher or Pringles anyone? To add insult to injury the manufacturers make humour of it with up-cycling suggestions. In parts of France they have simply banned plastic carrier, veg, and fruit bags, replacing them with biodegradable or paper bags. Sorry a tiny rant. Hope others can be more positive. https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/recycling/article/how-to-recycle-in-the-uk-ajwEz4p63Qs6

Thanks so much for the tips! Andynic, that recycle now link is by far the most helpful I've come across, and thanks for the Sainsburys info, will get on it. Malumbu - I share your frustration; the recycle now link is definitely worth checking out. Agree there should be much more pressure on manufacturers and retailers from government. Nxjen - most of the bags I have don't have handles but agree they may be helpful to food banks - will try that route too. Thanks all!

The Terracycle site-comes up on Google- lists lots of local places where things like crisp packets and pet food packets can be collected for Recycling - the only problem is that many are schools which are currently unable to collect due to Covid restrictions. It is worth knowing about though so when collections are normalised again we can all be ready to drop off things!