CPZ controlled parking in Denman/Talfourd/Lyndhurst/Bushey Hill/Crofton/Shenley

zelda100

I just feel very sad for the have nots who probably make up the vast majority of those affected, who like me missed the real question being asked in the CPZ consultation - do you want to be priced out of car ownership. if they wanted to modify behaviour installing car charge points and demand based parking pricing would be so much better in delivering an outcome over punishing those who cannot realistically afford these solution indiscriminate charges.as it stands - this feels like an effort to reward those that can afford it.

I was advised on the phone that even care workers for disabled people need to pay the flat charges, there are no special categories.

Jimlad, in all fairness - calling a majority on a 15% turnout democracy is probably the funniest thing I have ever heard. thanks for making my evening. good night all - keep classy.

I doubt ?2.40 a week prices people out of car ownership. VED, fuel costs, depreciation, servicing, tyres, etc. far outweigh that in comparison. Three CPZs just came into force down the road, and it's coming to Grove park soon. Support for one here was only ever going to rise.

Yes I believe you have to be a resident in order to buy a residents permit. Otherwise lots of commuters would be able to buy it and that wouldn't solve the problem of them driving in to park and then continuing their commute on foot / bus / etc.

I don't think the number of residents permits are restricted as long as you provide the proof of address etc.

Thanks they sound like silly question but we have a school in our road and the teachers get there long before the commuters also have a parade of shops at the end and many of the cars belong to the owners of the businesses .so none of them will be able to buy a permit?

Another question - so we bought our permit which starts from 2 October - the day the CPZ was to be implemented. But it hasn't been, there are no signs restricting parking and so at the moment we are paying for something we don't need. Surely Southwark should be giving discounts or extending the duration the permits it has granted tomake up for this?

Orange owl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi could anyone tell me. Do you have to be a

> resident to buy the permit and do the council

> restrict the number they sell? Thanks

Any adult with proof of residence in the CPZ area is entitled to buy a permit, I believe, but nobody from outside.

Good point Droler, I'll just tell my nanny to stop being dramatic and that caughing up 23% of her salary an hour is completely affordable to park at our house and the guy next door who's selling his households second vehicle he uses for work is also totally affordable at ?240 a year. Frankly they can both just man up and cut back on their flat whites.

Previouslyhappyresid Wrote:

> Good point Droler, I'll just tell my nanny to stop

> being dramatic and that caughing up 23% of her

> salary an hour is completely affordable to park at

> our house and the guy next door who's selling his

> households second vehicle he uses for work is also

> totally affordable at ?240 a year. Frankly they

> can both just man up and cut back on their flat

> whites.

All day visitor permits cost ?2.50 (when bought in blocks of ten), assuming an eight hour day I make it that you pay your nanny approximately ?1.25 an hour?

rendelharris Wrote:

>

> All day visitor permits cost ?2.50 (when bought in

> blocks of ten), assuming an eight hour day I make

> it that you pay your nanny approximately ?1.25 an

> hour?

I think you are only allowed 10 at that price, after that it goes up pretty steeply. From the website:

All day permits

?5.00 - individual all day permit

?25.00 - 10 all day permits (purchased within any 12 month period)

?45.00 - additonal permits (max 100 per resident), purchased within one year of buying your first 10

(And, yes, the typo is theirs.)

Loz Wrote:

> rendelharris Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >

> > All day visitor permits cost ?2.50 (when bought

> in

> > blocks of ten), assuming an eight hour day I

> make

> > it that you pay your nanny approximately ?1.25

> an

> > hour?

>

> I think you are only allowed 10 at that price,

> after that it goes up pretty steeply. From the

> website:

>

>

> All day permits

> ?5.00 - individual all day permit

> ?25.00 - 10 all day permits (purchased within any

> 12 month period)

> ?45.00 - additonal permits (max 100 per

> resident), purchased within one year of buying

> your first 10

>

>

> (And, yes, the typo is theirs.)

All the residents who will 'enjoy' the benefits of their CPZ are going to need to be on their toes...

Southwark will invest heavily in Parking Enforcement Officers and they will want their money back.

So, for every visitor, tradesman, babysitter, cleaner, friend, counsellor, vicar, Uncle Tom Cobley and all who visit your house, never mind all your friends and relatives, a permit must be produced.

What if they are staying more than one hour? Do you give them 2 1hr permits [?3], or use up a 5hr permit [?2.50]?

It will only take one little slip-up, a few minutes over, and you have a fine...

Still, all this cost and stress will be alleviated by the fact that you now have a possibility of parking near your home.

The point I was making was about annual permit costs. The work car permit would be tax deduct able, and even then is ?4.60 a week really much compared to total car running costs?

I don't know your circumstances, but you could possibly insure your nanny on your vehicle at little or no premium increase. I think when it gets to the point where residents are having to pay ?2.80 an hour to park on Vestry road because lack of space it's getting silly. It's so tight we have people with disabled bays getting their places pinched by able bodied drivers. There will be winners and losers, but other areas with controlled parking seem to manage.

Previouslyhappyresid Wrote:

> Good point Droler, I'll just tell my nanny to stop

> being dramatic and that caughing up 23% of her

> salary an hour is completely affordable to park at

> our house and the guy next door who's selling his

> households second vehicle he uses for work is also

> totally affordable at ?240 a year. Frankly they

> can both just man up and cut back on their flat

> whites.

CPZ came into force in my area camber well this Monday 2nd October .and for the first time in 12 years. Came home last couple days to hundreds of empty spaces.best thing that's happened.to rent a garage yearly costs ?960.yearly parking permit for me ?159 .all our spaces were being taken by the bus drivers from the camber well garages 24\7plus commuter parking.all residents are happy.as for the bus drivers well they can now get a bus to work

As this is exactly the point, many of these cars would have turned up on these roads and made it even worse, had it not been for controls going in here (late!). Even if you disagreed there was an issue before, you may have found yourself changing your minds pretty quick!

teddyboy23 Wrote:

> CPZ came into force in my area camber well this

> Monday 2nd October .and for the first time in 12

> years. Came home last couple days to hundreds of

> empty spaces.best thing that's happened.to rent a

> garage yearly costs ?960.yearly parking permit for

> me ?159 .all our spaces were being taken by the

> bus drivers from the camber well garages 24\7plus

> commuter parking.all residents are happy.as for

> the bus drivers well they can now get a bus to

> work

> teddyboy23 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

CPZ came into force in my area camber well this

Monday 2nd October .and for the first time in

12 years. Came home last couple days to hundreds

of empty spaces.

Seriously?? You might be feeling triumphant, teddyboy23, but surely that's not what the CPZ is about.

Maybe give some thought to the wider implications of 'hundreds of empty spaces', on locals, workers and other tax payers.

If 'loads of empty spaces' is Southwark's idea of good parking management, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Jacqui5254 yes I do feel triumphant four the last 2 years my wife as been battling cancer.as you know chemo is not the greatness treatment to have.and when she as been to the hospital all day.and all she wants to do is get home and try to rest in doors.but we would still be driving around looking for a space to park.or I have to chance it on yellow line every time.also the bus drivers would sit in there cars after their shift . waiting for their workmates to arrive for their shifts.and then give the space to them.also I'm Lambeth not Southwark and yes I am serious.