Looking for fellow knitters and other crafty types

gen21

• 2 weeks later...

Great that there are so many of you interested and thanks for all the suggestions about venues. I think it might be a good idea for us to have an initial meet up where we can discuss the possibilities and which venues/times/days would suit us best.

So, how about next Tuesday 15th January, 10am to 11:30am at my house, which is near Ruskin Park. It's not too far from Denmark Hill station and the 176/40/185 and 68 bus routes and the parking is free until 12pm.

If you let me know by PM that you can come then I will send you my address.

Looking forward to meeting some of you then.

Glenda

Thanks to everyone who's PMed me. Looking forward to meeting you on Tuesday. Nicky has suggested that we might bring along some previous projects and/or what we are working on at the moment as a kind of ice breaker. I think this sounds like a great idea. I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about. I'll try and find lots of interesting things to play with so the little ones are sufficiently entertained too...

Hi everyone,

For those who were able to make it, had our first crafty meet-up and had a lovely time. The next one will be next week, Tuesday, 22 Jan, 10-11:30ish. It will be at my house in East Dulwich. We're going to give crochet a whirl so bring a crochet needle and yarn if you have some (if not, just bring another project you're working on). If you are able to come, send me a PM and I'll reply with my address. If you're not able to make it but want to keep in touch regarding future meet-ups PM me with your email address so we can add it to a private mailing list for this group. We are going to try to meet twice a month, alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays at various people's homes for now and see how things develop.

Looking forward to next week!

Leigh

I have 8 people on the list to come next week, so unfortunately I won't be able to accomodate more! So if you were not at the first meeting and haven't yet replied, I'm sorry but I don't think more people will fit comfortably with babies and buggies in tow! But if you would like to be a part of the group, please still send your email address via PM and we will figure out how we might be able to accomodate everyone (having meet-ups on separate days or in a bigger venue possibly). Or some of us could meet in pairs or smaller groups too.

Leigh

• 3 months later...
Or you could come along to StitchED and BitchED on Tuesday evenings. Fortnightly meet-ups are at the ED Tavern from 7.30 - next one is 7 May. It's administered mostly via FB at the moment so if you've got an account there you can search 'groups' for 'StitchED and BitchED'