CPZ zone.....

garnwba

Lucky you! I lived in Grove Lane with a CPZ from 8-6. You must have amazing workmen if they work before or after the restricted hours? I now live in Dulwich and don`t stamp my feet when I can`t park directly outside my house, very rarely do I even have to park in adjoining roads. I really don`t mind walking past a few cars to get home! You didin`t mention what a pain it is to go and purchase/renew your permit either @ ?145 a shot I would want it hand delivered :-)

firstmate - indeed part of my post was to stoke the fire - childish i know... BUT.... i did think it appropriate as a supporter of CPZ i should share that i did do something about it (moved) and for me and my family it works better.

loz - i used to live on Melbourne Grove, please excuse if me if i don't tell you my new address, PIN Number etc

GM99 - bizarre post - try lambeth not southwark

gsirett - Ah good to hear from you

Mscrawthew - Actually getting it was (surprisingly) painless - 20 mins down at the center to register and from now on it is 100% online via an "App"... Modern technology is wonderful

garnwba Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> loz - i used to live on Melbourne Grove, please excuse if me if i don't tell you my new address, PIN Number etc

I didn't ask for your exact address, just the road will do. Unless you have the only house on that road, it isn't terribly identifying.

You are being defensive. I think you are making this up.

garnwba - worth a try though

First Mate - google can tell you, as with everything. Not sure it's going to prove anything though about a CPZ in ED though.

I think 20+ pages of exhaustive comments covered all the points last time. Does anyone fancy doing a public service and summarising all the arguments pro and con?

Pros: life is hellish without, should reduce certain types of parking (e.g. commuters) giving priority to residents and their visitors etc, improved road/pedestrian safety, Waitrose delivery van will find it easier to stop near your house, would mitigate need to move to Lambeth to find a parking space

Cons: don't need it, you've got to pay for it irrespective of means or personal need = tax, some net reduction in parking capacity, no guarantee of a space outside your house, probably won't address situation if problem is lots of household-owned cars, could possibly impact on local businesses, risk of fines arising from enforcement, it's all a Council conspiracy anyway

Trade insults. Repeat to fade.

Garnwba, I'm sorry you had to move to SE5. I hope the move wasn't driven your parking woes near ED station.

I presume you always park in designated pay and display car parks and never on a main or side road outside anyone elses house. Otherwise you could be forcing them to park somewhere else and you seemed to have been bothered by this when it affected you.

Do you think all roads should be CPZs? or just around the stations that the public need to access to go to work and those who can afford the premium rent/house prices can park because they have an opportunity to pay extra to do so.

CPZs prevent people (including council tax payers of which I am one) from parking on certain public roads. Unless a road is a private one or an individual pays specifically for the patch of road outside their own house, anyone who pays council tax SHOULD be able to park freely. If the public transport problem was addressed properly people wouldn't need to drive to the station.

I dont drive to ED station (and have only been there twice) but I hope a CPZ isn't introduced anywhere in ED.

ha yes, i am a councillor sat in a nice new glass fronted building, wearing a grey suit and comfortable shoes doing not very much (no offence James etc)...

The reason for starting this post was two fold:

a) To try and wind a few people up (you know who you are)

b) To give an insight (early days i agree) into what life is like in a CPZ area... and so far it's ok.

Anyway all the best

James B... errghh sorry i mean Garnwba

Loz Wrote:

> garnwba Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > loz - i used to live on Melbourne Grove, please

> excuse if me if i don't tell you my new address,

> PIN Number etc

>

> I didn't ask for your exact address, just the road

> will do. Unless you have the only house on that

> road, it isn't terribly identifying.

>

> You are being defensive. I think you are making

> this up.

Hahahahaha!

garnwba Wrote:

> ha yes, i am a councillor sat in a nice new glass

> fronted building, wearing a grey suit and

> comfortable shoes doing not very much (no offence

> James etc)...

>

> The reason for starting this post was two fold:

> a) To try and wind a few people up (you know who you are)

> b) To give an insight (early days i agree) into what life is like in a CPZ area... and so far it's ok.

I still don't believe a word of this. And won't until the 'new' road is divulged.

Unbelievably sad. We are being let down. People just should not need cars in zone 2.

Where are our tram routes and new train connections? Safe cycling routes to schools etc? Is it time to start supporting the Greens, or are they just as bad as the rest?

Cyberia Wrote:

> ???? Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > We don't need computers or central heating either....

>

> What's your point? Are computers and central heating causing deaths or serious injuries in

> inner London?

Yeah, and parked cars are positively lethal.

CPZ's are a fabulous cash cow for the local authority

Look what happened in Forest Hill:

""At yesterday?s meeting of Mayor and Cabinet, the Mayor approved the increase from ?60 to ?120pa for Resident?s Parking Permits. Visitors permits will also double, going up from ?2.80 to ?5.60 daily. Weekly permits will now cost the same as five daily permits instead of three".

Don't be fooled by assurances from Southwark - they need money and lots of it!

Charges for CPZs will only ever go in one direction - up!