Tips from Lordship Lane residents near the Palmerston/M&S end?

TandE

Hi there, thinking of taking a flat at the upper end of Lordship Lane - it's double glazed but clearly we're going to hear the usual noise from traffic, sirens, late night revellers (?!) etc. Curious to know what the early morning noise levels are like from the M&S supermarket bays. If anyone happens to have an insight, would be interested to know! Thanks.

If you are that concerned, perhaps you might want to look elsewhere, like the countryside where usual urban noise wont be a problem for you.

But wherever you end up, please do not let it be a flat beside a pub, which you go onto complain about even though you knew full well it was there when you decided to move in.

I shouldn't worry about noise from Palmerston clients, as it attracts sensible clientele.

As for MandS and SuperDrug I think their

Restock lorries won't be there much after 10pm.

Best noise reduction recently imho is the change to the 176 buses... )God they were loud and used to sound like tanks).

absolutelizard Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you are that concerned, perhaps you might want

> to look elsewhere, like the countryside where

> usual urban noise wont be a problem for you.

>

> But wherever you end up, please do not let it be a

> flat beside a pub, which you go onto complain

> about even though you knew full well it was there

> when you decided to move in.

Charm personified. Such a constructive, helpful and friendly contribution.

"I shouldn't worry about noise from Palmerston clients, as it attracts sensible clientele."

🤮

Speaking as someone who used to live opposite a bar - all bar patrons (present company included) are a complete pain in the arse at kicking out time. Social class doesn't come into it.

When I was in my 20s I lived on a street that was busier than Lordship Lane. Now I'm old and grumpy, I wouldn't do it again.