*Heritage Restaurant - Rosendale Road West Dulwich*

DayashankarSharma

Hi Folks,

Hope you all have been well. Let me introduce myself: my name is Dayashankar Sharma, and I will be running a new project of mine called Heritage on Rosendale Road formerly established as Indigo. We decided to name the restaurant 'Heritage' because we wanted to bring authentic regional Indian cuisine that I have picked up and learnt through my travels around India.

We will also be serving Indian-inspired alcoholic drinks including an array of whiskies, beers and cocktails. Our priority will be our guests welfare and safety in a time like this therefore we will be fully Covid compliant. We endeavour to take every precaution to enable our guests to dine in with peace of mind. Takeaway and collection will also be available.

Please feel free to check out an article published on big hospitality, link will be available below:

https://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Article/2020/12/15/Former-Zaika-and-Grand-Trunk-Road-head-chef-Dayashankar-Sharma-to-open-Indian-restaurant-in-West-Dulwich

Just a brief note on my credentials, I have over thirty years experience in the kitchen and have front lined some of London's finest establishments including Tamarind of Mayfair and Zaika of Kensington. Our ethos is to produce a Michelin starred standard of food and service.

I have taken the liberty to also include the menu, some of which may still be subject to change. Our schedule date for opening is early January 2021.

I very much look forward to welcoming the residents of Dulwich and start off the new year with something positive for the community.

Best regards, Dayashankar Sharma.

Obviously you got used to the taste of the beer Trinny, found it awful when we were there twenty odd years ago - I think it is the glycerine added as a preservative. It was also strange buying this in brown paper bags in some states. Also seemed strange paying more for a beer than the (decent) guest houses we stayed in. Briefly visited Panaji in the 00s where being in Goa it was better and cheap. When we went back two years ago to States in the East there now seems to be a taste for super strength beer which is even more undrinkable.

Telling that virtually all Indian branded beer here is brewed in Europe.

As this is a thread advertising an Indian restaurant I recommend that you also try the Babur for modern Indian fusion food, although not cheap - like the Heritage. My fave is the India Club on the strand although that may not last Covid if it is still open at all.

https://www.babur.info/

https://www.theindiaclub.co.uk/menu

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ladies & gents

Hope everyone is well... we had anticipated to be open in the coming months when we started the refurbishment of the restaurant and sadly, this no longer remains the case. However, in more positive news we will be soon open for take-away and home delivery. A date will be announced shortly, feel free to follow us on @hertiageindiandulwich on Instagram to keep up to date with the latest affairs. We are excited to be opening our doors very soon albeit for take-away.

Best regards, Heritage team.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks

Quick update for you - we are pleased to announce that we will be opening for takeaway/collection on the 16th of February! We will be pushing out five unique sharing menus (more details on our Instagram). We?re also pleased and honoured to announce we?ve been selected for Harden?s guide, goes to show a bit of hard work and determination goes a long way :)

Can?t wait to see you all!

Or....what perhaps other people would say is, best of luck on your new venture. Its tough time to be doing so, but hopefully your hard work will pay off.

Yes, the prices are at the premium end; but Babur over in Forest Hill charges similar prices for a premium product, and has been going strong for 35-odd years. Whether there's room for two such premium Indian restaurants in such close proximity remains to be seen, but I can attest to Babur being one of my local favourites (even as a takeaway), so I'd be keen to try Heritage down the track. Sure, I dont want to pay these sort of prices for every Friday night takeaway, but more for a fancier/special occasion occasion; but in anycase, the Heritage guys are not wildly without precedent, so perhaps don't rush to dismiss them just yet.

Hi Trolley,

Thanks for your feedback. Our food will remain competitive, we strongly believe that. What we?re trying to create is a culture of fine dining Indian food. Moreover, we want to implement a clear contrast and disparity to that of the bog standard fare Indian food you will find on the high streets, we want to go above & beyond to provide our guests a culinary experience. Our team has been strategically selected to run this project with many years experience in the fine dining sect of restaurants.

We of course aim to cater for our local neighbourhood but we want to be a hit in London full stop.

Hi Thecat

Thanks for your feedback, come and grab one of our special menus when we open, we hope you will be pleasantly surprised :) that being said, I can wholeheartedly say that our food is fantastic. We are extremely proud of our food standards and I myself having tasted the menu think it will be an overwhelming success. It?s a shame restaurant restrictions are still in place, otherwise we could have an in-depth conversation about restaurants as it really is my passion, just to talk about how they operate and run!

Hello ladies and gents,

It?s with great pleasure to announce we officially open today. We are open for delivery and collection. We are covering local areas, Dulwich being the obvious but we do cover an array of SE postcodes.

Our website is live, please feel free to browse our website or alternatively give us a ring ;)

Looking forward to meeting you all :)

Kind regards, Heritage team.

Just doing some research, are you the chef at the Grand Trunk Road or are there two Dayashankar Sharma's. You are from Rajasthan? If so where and how is the cuisine in this part of India. Are you offering discounts to those from this site? In particular following India's victory this morning! I'm probably on your black list but that is a different subject.

malumbu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just doing some research, are you the chef at the

> Grand Trunk Road or are there two Dayashankar

> Sharma's. You are from Rajasthan? If so where

> and how is the cuisine in this part of India. Are

> you offering discounts to those from this site?

> In particular following India's victory this

> morning! I'm probably on your black list but that

> is a different subject.

Nice Mal....trying to get something positive out of England's shellacking....I like the endeavour......

This may be easier to find:

https://heritagedulwich.co.uk/

I wish you luck, the food looks and sounds lovely!

ETA: For future reference, if you put https:// in front of the website address, it turns it into a clickable link on here :)

ETA: Sorry to see you don't have the desserts on the website yet! Do you do kulfi?

Also, whereabouts in Rajasthan are you from? It's a nice part of India!

I'd like to try it at some point. I think, objectively, it is fair to say that with those prices, the food needs to be exceptionally good. Ingredients, spices, and quality of cooking all need to be top notch. It's a totally different market to the "Lordship Lane Saturday night curry" thing. But best of luck - I am sure if the food is good, it will be a success.

I look forward to treating Tarquin and Tabitha to a good meal (no spice in the kids food, please).

TheCat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Tarquin, Tabitha...and Trolley?

They would get on like a house on fire, I am sure! Trolley sounds like a nice guy, happy mingling with all walks of life without preconceptions. And Tarqs & Tabs (TaTa as well call them!) have been brought up well, to be polite and respect the working classes such as cleaners, bus drivers, and digital marketing strategists.

Hi Sue,

Mr Sharma was born in a town called Bhojpura Kalan in close proximity to Jaipur. This is the heritage team who will be managing the posts but he is our executive chef here at Heritage!

Thank you for the hyperlink note, duly noted ;)

As for your question regarding desserts, we will eventually be placing selected desserts on the menu, sadly there is no option at present but do check back, I?m sure you will find them soon enough ;)

Regards, Heritage team.