Toddler alone on the 363 bus last night.

Dee Woffaz

I decided to use the new train link home last night. I got off at Peckham Rye and caught the 363 going towards Crystal Palace. A couple of stops further on a little boy probably about 3 years old ran onto the bus and went upstairs, obviously thinking his mother had got on the bus too. Mother didn?t get on and after a few stops it was apparent that he was alone and quite frightened. I can only assume his mother was horrified to find her little boy had disappeared at the bus stop.

We made the Bus driver stop but by which time we were by the Coop on Forest Hill road. The bus was stopped and the police were called does anyone know if he was reunited with his parent? I felt a little guilty at getting off where I did and leaving him even though he was in the good hands of the bus driver. I hope he wasn?t berated too badly he was quite a brave little boy but obviously very afraid.

Because when i got off the bus it still had a number of people on it & when i checked with the police station they were not prepared to give out, or had no information, the bus station who i tried to ring first did not amswer the phone. Maybe i should be more concerned about bottles of P#SS!

How ridiculous, why wouldn't you check on this forum?! Plenty of well wishers use the forum to check up on the wellbeing of people they have seen/come across. I am sure that they would have found the mother, just thinking about that happening terrifies me! Kind of you to spare the thought I'd say.

Scary story - although one would assume/hope the mother was fast found. And no surprise that it was impossible to get an answer out of the police or the bus station.

But alosinom67 is yet another of these perplexing people who choose to go on the East Dulwich Forum - well known as a public discussion forum - to tell people they shouldn't be discussing things or asking questions.

Is there a worrying tendency towards people claiming more and more issues should be kept secret, or am I imagining things?

Bic Basher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's one of the reasons why I've become more of an

> observer than a poster on here. However, it's

> pandemic with forums across the board, although

> this forum has always had a rep of being terse

> with people for asking simple questions.

Yes, happens on all internet forums. The cover of anonymity allows people to be far ruder than they would ever be face to face.

I grew up in a mining village where people knew what was happening within the community. When my dad got ill and spent time in hospital, food, practical support etc just appeared from our neighbours. What I like about the forum is I can pick up something of what is happening within the community I live - that people are looking out for and helping out where they can. Surely that is something to be encouraged.

benmorg Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

The cover of

> anonymity allows people to be far ruder than they

> would ever be face to face

xxxxxxxx

Yes, but being "out" on the forum does not prevent people being very rude to you, in my experience :(

But then of course that's because they may know who I am, but I don't know who they are. Cowards who as you say would not say these things to your face. Though they are welcome to come and do it if they want a straight answer :)

Does anybody know whether this little boy was reunited with his parent/carer?

Not surprised Dee was concerned, it's quite upsetting to witness something like this. And I can't begin to imagine how traumatic for the child and adult concerned.