Parents in playground

If you really believe that all 7.6 billion who live on the planet can adhere strictly to the governments' 'rules', and that this will cause the virus to be eradicated, then you are a lost cause.

If you are in the comfortable position of having a pension or a guaranteed salary, a garden, no dependents (of any age), ample space in your house, a study to work in, a good internet connection, and a good support bubble....well lucky you. But you are the minority. The rest of the world really is doing their best to keep their sanity.

TreacleRabbit Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This thread started with a complaint about people

> (adults and kids) who were in playgrounds, which

> doesn?t break any rules. You don?t live their

> life. You don?t know their stress or their home.

> Follow the rules, add some extra for yourself if

> you like, but don?t berate others.

Well said TR

But arranging to meet others is currently not allowed. And it is happening (I know because I am in the WhatsApp groups).

This leaves me in a bit of a dilemma. I don't want to lose friends (or more to the point, lose my kids friends) by lecturing to them... but also, I don't think it's the right thing to do. All I can do is say "sorry, we're being careful right now, hopefully see you in the Spring". Anonymously moaning on the internet is cowardly and lame, I know... yet here I am...

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> But for most young people (under 40)

> the disease will be mild if it's even noticeable -

> at worst like a relatively mild and short lived

> dose of flu.

Totally disagree. I'm 33 without any underlying conditions and ended up in hospital because of it. There were people in their 20s without underlying conditions on my ward in Kings. Thankfully I'm on the mend now but this idea that it doesn't seriously affect those under 40 is a dangerous myth

Clearly your name is legion - I clearly said for most people under 40 - not for all people under 40. I am well aware that a comparative few under 40 will suffer severe illness and indeed may die - or develop Long Covid. But, and in general, those under 40 will, in the main, either be asymptomatic or have what is a relatively mild and short lived illness. Some, clearly, won't be so lucky. But the odds are very much in favour of under 40s carrying a 'get out of jail free' card, when others (and I am over 70) don't.