Local Skills Swop Scheme?

I agree about simple skills exchange!! I am definitely NOT looking for therapy [as bodsier posted] or heavy duty work.

Just some simple, friendly, one-to-one 'help each other out' type of stuff.

I imagine there must be LOADS of it out there.

And, as others have said..maybe keep it to EDF?..a simple exchange of simple skills?

Can we have a section on EDF??? Can we??

I am writing from The Great Exhibition Pub and think that your idea of a local skills swap is brilliant. We are actually at the moment planning a Random Acts of Kindness Week to take place on the 11-17th February, and think that this could be a great addition to the events that we have planned.

We were thinking of hosting a skills swap board, where you can come and post up the skills you have or want to swap? Any thoughts you have on this would be appreciated.

Megan

TheGreatExhibition Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

We are actually at the moment planning

> a Random Acts of Kindness Week to take place on

> the 11-17th February

xxxxxx

What a lovely idea!

:)

TheGreatExhibition Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks! We have some very exciting things planned

> so please do keep your eyes peeled and get

> involved :)

xxxxxx

Definitely!

Will you be starting a thread on here about it? Very keen to know more :)

• 3 weeks later...

We have today launched a Local Skills Swap wall here at The Great Exhibition. We are very excited about this concept, and already have two pledges!! First a private tuition in either Buisness or ICT GCSE from the head teacher of a local school, and a Clarinet, Saxophone or music theory lesson.

We really hope to get as many people involved in this as possible, so please do come in and make your skill pledges!

Hi

Just to mention that Language Lounge has been running since 2008, we have had some fantastic language teaching offered by lovely people, we have seven languages on offer at the moment, next sessions start in March, please see the Language Lounge thread in the What's On section if you're interested.

If you would like me to add a line about your scheme to our mailing list, please let me know.