Rocks Hair

rhiannon1

• 2 months later...
Just wanted to add my two pence worth - I booked an appointment at Rocks with Miguel after reading the reviews here and my terribly bad habit of never using the same hair dresser twice. Miguel is lovely - such an interesting character and a bit mad but fantastic. Very happy with my cut, colour and suggestions to my hair - I will definitely be back this time!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Another recommendation for Miguel! I've had my hair cut and coloured by him a few times now and he's brilliant. Excellent highlights and cut and reasonably priced. Always incredibly flexible and a delight to chat to as well. A really lovely addition to the local area. I can't recommend him enough.

I will never let anyone else touch my hair I used to hate my hair now i love it Miguel has transformed me given me a hair make over with a hot new look which has given me so much more confidence he is a fantastic hair stylist with alot of experience working in tv and with celebrities and some of the big names in hair bumble and bumble and toni and guy I cannot recommend him highly enough he listens to what u want and is such a lovely person too he is a gem to have discovered and we are so lucky that he is local thats I wanted to share this with all of you who have bot given him a try dont wait to long you may find it had to get an appointment you cannot go wrong booking in with him I just hope I can get an appointment when I next ring but I needed to recommend him because he really is the best I've come across anyone who books in with him I'm excited for you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Well, I guess I am the first unhappy customer.

On photo is colour called caramel blond according to Migel, when I disagreed and said was too dark, he was very cross and started shouting that this was colour I picked which I didn't, he made me believe I will stay blond but darker.. and he would keep my roots dark and gradually will do it blond on the ends... now on photo it is clearly brunette ah no wait ! I have couple of white patches on the back like patchy goat or dog!!(which i only discovered back at home) is that 25 years of experience??

he exploded said i have no right to blame him as it was me to picked the colour not him,

He tried to blame me for his mistake... And you know what! I don't care about hair - I can always change the colour! But he was extremely rude to me .. I was unhappy and upset and started crying, he said I have to stop that as it is not is fault... he said i was aggressive and I wasn't, I was standing there shaking upset and told me to get out.

He ruined my night out, I got home crying and very upset

• 2 weeks later...

Today I had my second appointment with Miguel for a colour and cut and once again I've come away beaming.

I've always hated having my haircut and had bad experiences with hairdressers in the past, but Miguel has made me look forward to having my haircut!

He really takes time to listen to what you want and work with your hair, you can tell he has had years of experience. My first appointment with him was the first time I have ever coloured my auburn hair and I was so nervous, but he did an amazing job and I have absolutely loved both of the colour and cuts I have had at Rocks.

The salon has a lovely, relaxing environment and Miguel's prices are amazing for the quality of his work!

I can't recommend him enough.

Rachel - Bamn Fit

This is my fourth visit to Miguel, which is a first for me as I am seriously fickle when it comes to hairdressers. I eventually realised that my hair was always just going to look like my hair (think that I was holding out for that miracle moment when a hairdresser would take one look at me and turn me into Britain's next model...)and a hairdresser that could consistently provide a decent cut and finish was a fairly rare commodity. Armed with this realism, my last 'relationship' lasted a whole three visits until my stylist went on maternity leave.

I found Miguel from the EDF and agree that he is wonderful. I have finally found 'the one'. Somehow, he just managed to cut my hair that little bit better. It grows out well and - probably not fabulous from his own business point of view - I can easily go for three months without a haircut and feel confident that it still feels like it's in a style rather than an overgrown way.

I like the way that Miguel gives me his opinion on what I should do and then we discuss it so that it suits my lifestyle (if you can call two small children 'lifestyle'!). He also gives me time towards the end of the cut to make sure if I really like it and if there is anything that I want to change.

My sister is also a devoted fan. Miguel rocks!

• 3 weeks later...
I was in Rocks hair on monday for the first time. Kate is an amazing hairdresser she understood perfectly what I wanted and she gave me a very good advice for my hair. The salon is beautiful, you feel at home there. They offer nice drinks, nice chatting, nice advices, nice cuts,... My close friend have an appoiment with them for this monday. I really recommend Rocks!!!!

• 1 year later...

I had a complete panic when I turned up to Rocks this morning. The salon was completely empty! Anyway, it turns out that Miguel had to move out due to subsidence caused by neighbouring building work. Thankfully, he has now set up again in the Rose and Crown salon (near King's Hospital and opposite the Love Walk cafe). Phew! It has taken me my whole adult life to find a hairdresser that I love so much. I've been going to Miguel for over 3yrs now and I've always been thrilled by the haircuts Miguel does. Most importantly for me, the style grows out beautifully.

The new salon that Miguel is working from is lovely. It's adjoined to a well kept vintage shop and very retro chic.

To save anyone from similar panic, you can book an appointment through the Rose and Crown or directly on Miguel's number - 07503 473191.

• 2 weeks later...
I visited Miguel in his new salon on Saturday and he was as wonderful as ever. I too was panicking when he moved so hugely relieved to now know where he is! The Rose & Crown salon is lovely, as is the vintage shop next door, and they are open until 10.30 pm on week nights which I will certainly be taking advantage of.

Archived