Was your bike stolen recently?

Hi - my bike was stolen out of my back garden on Saturday night (it was a ladies Ridgeback Classic model, black frame with a blue child seat on the back, if anyone sees it!).

The thieves dumped two bikes outside our house and I was wondering if they might belong to anyone local. We have them in our back garden now. One is a Raleigh and the other is a BTwin.

Message me if you think either are yours and we can check further details.

I think robinho would have had to have seen the perp(s) handling both the stolen bike and the two foundlings, for there to be even the slightest possibility of (1) being thought useful.

robinho, you could try searching https://www.bikeregister.com/stolen-bikes for place London and each of the bike makes. The search results seem to be more or less date-ordered, and six months of results fill only two or three pages, so it's not onerous.

Hi,

Yes we had a similar experience on Saturday night, thieves had investigated our bikes but they were locked up, the same evening our neighbour lost a couple of bikes. They seemed to scout around 3am and returned again at 5am, these are roughly the times the thieves were caught on a neighbours camera, the camera footage wouldn't be useful for identification as it was too dark.

It's really annoying and unsettling to have people enter your space, have had a bike stolen 2 years ago.

I hope you get your bike back.

All the best.

Nikki

> They seemed to scout around 3am

> and returned again at 5am,

Can you tell if the scouting seemed to be 'cold', ie speculatively looking in all likely places over a whole range of houses; or did it seem limited to particular locations, possibly based on information they already had?

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have reported the theft to the police and they came to see the bikes that were dumped. I have managed to find the owner of the Raleigh bike, but the BTwin is still unclaimed. It is a ladies model, small frame. I hope someone might see this who knows the owner.