Schools and snow days?

KatDew

What do the schools tend to do around here? Obviously most the kids would get to school fairly easily but some of the teachers might be travelling a lot further.

Do the schools round here tend to have impromtu snow days or open regardless?

My son is in reception at DVI but obviously feel free to add about all schools

Goose Green tends to stay open, I suspect a combination of caretaker who lives on site ( well a tied house next door) who likes a challenge, a Mancunian Headteacher who isn't to be phased by softy southern ideas of bad weather and a good deal of staff who are fairly local. Thank goodness as like many working parents I could neither bring the kids in to work or just not attend.

checked websites an Twitter -

Charter saying update by 7:30 tomorrow

DHJS saying plan to open, send kids in appropriate clothes to play in snow

Goose Green closed anyway, Inset

couldn't see anything yet on DVIS, Heber or Goodrich.

Key to opening usually how far away staff live an if can get enough in for no. of pupils

Does anyone know if Goodrich usually stays open and if not, how much notice they usually give? I leave home just after 7am and am at my desk in the City for 8am - just wondering if I'm likely to get snow call just after defrosting! My OH drops her at breakfast club at 8am

Also had a text tonight from The Charter saying school will be closed tomorrow, except for pupils taking external exams.

The school have always been really good at keeping parents informed and I'm glad I know now rather than having to check stuff early tomorrow.