Dulwich village restrictions

Can anyone please advise me if I?m allowed to push my vehicle to my home in Dulwich village and not receive a fine for doing so from the roundabout to my home to save me having to drive for 30 minutes + to get to my home instead of the 30 second journey from the roundabout

I think not.

The order specifies the vehicles allowed

https://www.southwark.gov.uk/assets/attach/22829/LSP-Dulwich-trial-Phase-2-notice-dated-15-Oct-2020-.pdf at 2(a).

Can you leave the car at home or return outside the restricted hours?

Have you

registered for the consultation on the review. If you register until 10 May 2021 and you will be advised when the consultation is issued. Register at

https://consultations.southwark.gov.uk/environment-leisure/dulwich-review-registration-form/

You will still be able to respond to the consultation if you don?t register but this will make sure you are aware its been issued and can point out the impact on residents.

Firstly thank you very much for your help

I have considered parking it and then going back later to retrieve it but I find it so frustrating having lived in the village for over 40 years and now I can?t get to my home it just doesn?t make sense I definitely know who I will be voting for in the elections

I have registered For the consultations

Thanks

The restrictions are a nightmare! They have added 2 more hours to my journey each day. I have to use my car due to where my child?s nursery is, public transport wouldn?t get me into work in time! I am a teacher in a Southwark school which I love but am having to consider leaving the post due to the traffic!

It is absolutely ridiculous

I live very near the village and don't drive much in the week

but the odd occasion you might need to it's such a pain.

My daughter comes to me in the week with a baby it's just silly.

the Fumes now hitting child level at all the schools WELL!!!!

Bring on something to change this

I think the restrictions on Dulwich Village are to prevent the serious traffic impact that the CA/CL closure would have on DV, creating a permanent traffic jam past the shops and schools. And then closing DV meant that displaced traffic would be likely to go down Burbage and Turney - and some of those living there and involved in the consultation didn't like that idea, so they closed them as well, and diverted the traffic to Croxted Road. One thing led to another... which is why I think the permanent /all day closure of CA/CL is a critical part of the problem. I'm guessing but I imagine that the time periods chosen correspond to the modelled time periods of problems with displaced traffic. They haven't been chosen to enable active travel to schools - were that the case they could be much shorter and wouldn't be needed in school holidays?

On a related note to Poppy, I spoke to a guy from a sports charity this morning who said they are having to look at reducing the number of sessions that they run as it's now impossible for their staff to meet their coaching schedules. So ironically, for an active travel initiative, less physical activity for a number of children in some of the less well-heeled schools about the place who don't have full-time PE staff.

The point of filtering side roads is to stop cars using them as cut throughs and keep the majority of traffic to the main roads. Seeing as the rise in Waze and Sat Navs has increased the amount of vehicles diving through back streets, this seems like a sensible counter measure.

In Dulwich Village however, they've put in restrictions on a main road, before there was a chance for traffic to adjust to the changes. It feels knee jerk and probably counterproductive.

The "main road" thing is fairly subjective though. Court Lane is a classified road (not a "back street") and shut completely. But it's an interesting point: the council is prepared to force LL, EDG and Croxted to endure massive congestion while we see whether and how traffic will adjust; but not prepared to subject DV, Turney and Burbage to the same type of experiment (even though they would have experienced less than LL, EDG and Croxted do now, as more routes would have been open. Is this down to traffic modelling or political considerations (genuine question - was there traffic modelling that couldn't be ignored, for example)?

RRR would you support reversing the Phase 2 closures in the Village and then seeing if the CA/CL junction closure is sustainable as a stand alone, on an experimental basis?

rahrahrah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am very supportive of the filtering on Calton

> Ave / Court Lane, but I just don't understand the

> rationale for the restrictions on Dulwich Village

> road.

Because ALL the traffic that needs to get through DV started using it as the main new route. Now it is prevented and guess what, Lordship Lane, East Dulwich Grove and Croxted Road now take the traffic. It is grossly unfair.

The park road should remain closed.

People these days are far too selfish to think of others, even now bikes and the other means of transport that fly around the park think they are the only people who should use the road.

Years ago there was no problem now all me me me.

You don?t say where you live to judge how far you would need to push it, but what I have done is park on Gallery Road and walked the last 7 mins. I have then walked back in the evening to collect it. This has only happened once as I drive very rarely and never for short trips.

The distance from the war memorial roundabout is approximately 3 to 400 yards. it is my work van which I have to unload the tools each evening and store in The house, if I left it parked anywhere with these tools in I would be at risk of losing my livelihood

I?m also pass retirement age but I still have to work and I can only walk very short distances because of bad knees

I?ve been on medication for my knees for four years and the doctor keeps telling me that I stand no chance of getting a blue badge

😢

• 2 weeks later...

legalalien Wrote:

> The "main road" thing is fairly subjective though.

> Court Lane is a classified road (not a "back

> street") and shut completely. But it's an

> interesting point: the council is prepared to

> force LL, EDG and Croxted to endure massive

> congestion while we see whether and how traffic

> will adjust; but not prepared to subject DV,

> Turney and Burbage to the same type of experiment

> (even though they would have experienced less than

> LL, EDG and Croxted do now, as more routes would

> have been open. Is this down to traffic modelling

> or political considerations (genuine question -

> was there traffic modelling that couldn't be

> ignored, for example)?

>

> RRR would you support reversing the Phase 2

> closures in the Village and then seeing if the

> CA/CL junction closure is sustainable as a stand

> alone, on an experimental basis?

Yes

Where and why do you keep a car at all if you don't use it?

LTN BooHoo Wrote:

> Get out of your cars.

>

> My husband has a cracked rib. He just left the

> house to pick up a battery on his bike. He is

> 71. ( the car battery is dead because we never

> use it)

rahrahrah Wrote:

> I am very supportive of the filtering on Calton

> Ave / Court Lane, but I just don't understand the

> rationale for the restrictions on Dulwich Village

> road.

Work it out! Close one road the next gets the overflow, close the next, that gets it. The only way to remove traffic from our area is to give us loads of green buses that link all the stations and major bus routes. Or a tram service, indeed.

Excuse ignorance, as I don't drive through DV often, never during the week - BUT I got fined coming home to Peckham on bank holiday Monday. Surely Sunday rules should apply on bank holidays? (leaving aside the fact that the whole thing sounds a bit bonkers)