Did the Kingsdale thread get taken down? Can't see it?

Cora

• Administrator

We keep getting reports from someone apparently from Kingsdale saying posts are libellous. We have collected the details of the posters and will forward on to the authorities when requested so that they can speak to the individuals concerned.

I suggest that if you have embellished anything in your posts that could be lies that you quickly go and amend them before teacher comes back with the police.

• Administrator

> and what do you mean "apparently from Kingsdale " ?

They say they're from Kingsdale and I have reason to believe they are.

>Does that mean you don't know who has contacted you suggesting the posts are libellous ?

No, I have a name.

> Do you think they were libellous ?

I don't know if they were.

• Administrator

I'm not havin' a larf and I'm not trying to intimidate. If people haven't posted untruth's in their posts then everything's fine and this person is reacting disproportionately.

> and what do you mean "apparently from Kingsdale " ?

They say they're from Kingsdale and I have reason to believe they are.

>Does that mean you don't know who has contacted you suggesting the posts are libellous ?

No, I have a name.

> Do you think they were libellous ?

I don't know if they were.

I'm sorry but your post came across as very heavy handed .

You would know but I can't remember anything other than references to the sudden drop in GCSE results .

There may have been opinions expressed as to the cause - so I can see that might be libellous .

I don't recall any posts stating that x or y happened ,so I can't see that any lies ( as you call it ) were told .

"embellishment " is tricky isn't it ? I imagine there will be a lot of gaps in the EDF if exaggeration becomes a reason for removing posts because they might be libellous .

It must put Admin in a difficult position - presumably requests for "embellished " posts will have to be removed if you're asked to do so on the grounds that they are libellous .

> They say they're from Kingsdale and I have reason to believe they are.

Anyone posting from and on behalf of an organisation will presumably use its official email address. Did they? Kingsdale's email addresses are of form @kingsdale.southwark.sch.uk .

It seems that the missing thread is now back up - is that right Admin? Is it so that we can redact our comments? Would be helpful if you could say which bit the school complained about.

And what authorities will you be passing our details on to?

Monkey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Could the Harris Academy not take it over? Problem

> solved! :-) Just kidding... Or not!

Well I was thinking that if it were still a state school, Gove would probably have handed it to Harris at the first sign of trouble!

I was just pondering the situation now where schoOls who have even a 'too slow pace of improvement' let alone a dip in results (see Roke primary) get deemed failing by ofsted and the only solution On offer is sell Off to an academy chain.

I don't think anyone can think these days that ofsted (or the exam boards even) are any more than a political tool

Fuschia, you know schools aren't sold. Roke was put on Special Measures for a host of reasons (not too slow improvement) and the gov't announced last year that all schools and special measures should immediately be converted to academies. I think this is a bad policy change but arguing the Ofsted is just a political tool seems farfetched!