Builder recommedations for Kitchen Extension

Annie77

We have got building permission to do a ground floor kitchen extension (3m permitted devlopement) and are now in the process of getting the full specs completed by our architect. Has anybody completed a similar projhect, and could recommend a builder? Whilst I am looking for competitive pricing, quality timeliness and professionalim are equally important factors. Thanks, Annie.

We've just finished a kitchen refurb which involved knocking down a wall and removing a chimney breast. We used Ed Essien 07754 173 763. I have never had a building project go so smoothly - no hitches, high standard of work and a pleasure to have around.

Michele

Hi Annie,

I can thoroughly recommend my builder, David O'Brien. He's just finished my kitchen/garage/roof and in my previous house did 2 extensions - 1 kitchen and 1 lounge. His number is 07960 938621.

And if you want any advice/support along the way - feel free to ask. I loved the whole process and am just itching to do something again!

• 3 weeks later...
I can really recommend David O'Brien and his team (also mentioned above). They have done a great job on our house. We have had a huge amount of work done - big structural work, full electrics, plumbing, new kitchen, bathrooms, plastering, painting, built-in wardrobes etc. etc. and it has gone really well, we are really happy. David is excellent at keeping in touch and helping you solve issues as they come up. I also really believe he wants to do a good job for you and get you what you want. He also seems to have a really great team of people working with him. I work as a Project Manager, so I work with a lot of building contractors in my job, and David and his team have really impressed me. He was also recommended to me by a friend, who has recommended him to several others, and noone has been dissappointed. His number is 07960 938621.

Hi Annie, I can highly recommend Mc Govern Carpentry and Design, who have undertaken all my building work for me past and present. The team looked after me on all my projects, local very fairly priced and a joy to work with. I have the team earmarked on my next project.

Mc Govern office 0208 432 2247

Good Luck

Hi there

I can also recommend David O'Brien who removed a chimney breast and load bearing wall from our property and organised some plastering and plumbing etc. I can second what rubyclark says above about him being excellent at keeping in touch and helping you solve issues. He gives lots of useful advice and suggestions without being at all pushy. The people who worked for him at our place were all very pleasant and as well and we were very happy with the quality of the work.

Archived