wanted - someone to help fix laptop

K4ti

Hi,

I have an Acer laptop that i think has a problem with the keyboard, when I press a key instead of one character appearing I am getting several from the neighbouring keys also. I took it to PC world yesterday but they would have to send it off which takes a long time and is very pricey (and no guarantee they can fix).

I just wondered If anyone on the forum can look at it/does repairs or if you know someone that does!

Please PM me if so

Thanks

Multiple characters could indicate a dirty keyboard.

It may be cleared by simply turning your laptop upside down and giving it a good shake.

And by giving it a few gentle thumps to dislodge any foreign matter that may of got into your keyboard.

Also press 'EVERY' key to make sure one is not stuck..

Fox.

Also try blowing out any trapped debris with compressed air. Any previously spilled drink might have caused them to stick, Google make+model+replace keyboard, follow the guide and check the connection (unplug and plug back in).

worst case your south-bridge chip controller is playing up, have a look on Acer's website for a diagnostic tool.

Try plugging in a USB keyboard to test that it is your keyboard causing the errors.

Good luck

Right-clicking