Landscape Gardener Recommendation - Gardenia Gardens

Gerri

We have recently used Helen at Gardenia Gardens to completely re-plant our garden. She understood the brief and advised us on the plants she thought most suitable to meet this. We went with her suggestions and are very pleased with the results.

• 4 weeks later...
This is a second recommendation for Helen and Steve at Gardenia Gardens. They have just finished re-doing our garden in East Dulwich for which they took up the decking and created a lawn space with steps and raised beds/tree boxes. We're really happy with the result. A very professional and reliable team - feel free to get in touch for pics etc.

• 4 weeks later...

We would also highly recommend Helen, Steve and their team. They recently cleared and landscaped our back garden with

a new patio and raised beds. Both Helen and Steve took time to understand what we wanted and helped us to achieve that within our budget. Together they are a great team - both knowledgeable about plants, reliable and really lovely to have around. The end result is fantastic and it is like having a new room in our house!

• 8 months later...
Helen, Steve and the team at Gardenia have just finished remodelling the end of our garden including loads of new raised beds, a patio, seating and a deck. The whole job is brilliant and looks amazing. Helen also advised on what planting to put where and helped getting it. They also added a bespoke wooden bike shed to our front off street parking space (no mean feat in East dulwich) it looks great and is a solid structure that will last. All in all they are a lovely bunch of people, reliable and trustworthy. We cant recommend them enough.

• 2 weeks later...
I wanted to add a further recommendation for Helen and Steve and their team. They came in after we had an extension built and put up some amazing looking fences on both sides, boarded the neighbour's side, and then re-turfed the lawn that had been trashed by the builders. They worked around our builders and did part of the work in the autumn and came back in the spring to finish off. They were flexible and we left them keys to our house so they could put up the fencing while we were away. Helen also gave some free garden advice with it. Very happy indeed.

I highly recommend Helen, Steve and the rest of their team at Gardenia Gardens. They recently completed the design, landscaping and planting of my back garden, and I'm really delighted with the result. Helen really listened to what I wanted, and translated my slightly muddled ideas into a really lovely and practical design which far exceeded what I'd imagined. She has a real talent for shape and colour and understanding what would work well and look good with how I wanted to use the space. They did all the fencing, decking with seating and storage, a small patio area, raised beds and stunning planting which has just transformed the garden. They turned up on time every day, kept to the estimated timescale and delivered within the agreed budget. They left everything clean and tidy. And on top of that they are really lovely local people! I can't recommend them highly enough. Contact details are: 07986 077963 or 020 8291 4971. They also have a website which shows examples of their work: www.gardenia-gardens.com

• 2 weeks later...

Helen, Steve and the team at Gardenia have just finished remodelling the end of our garden including loads of new raised beds, a patio, seating and a deck. The whole job is brilliant and looks amazing. Helen also advised on what planting to put where and helped getting it. They also added a bespoke wooden bike shed to our front off street parking space (no mean feat in East dulwich) it looks great and is a solid structure that will last. All in all they are a lovely bunch of people, reliable and trustworthy. We cant recommend them enough.

Best to call them 07986077963

• 2 months later...
Helen, Steve & the team at Gardenia just finished a complete overhaul of my once jungle of a garden into a gorgeous space complete with artificial lawn, paving, raised beds & stunning planting. Helen provided perfect advice and recommendations from her abundant knowledge across all components, taking on board the specific functions I wanted the areas of the garden and planting to serve, and Steve and co. did a fantastic job on the hard landscaping. I feel as though I have a whole new extension to my home to enjoy! They were prompt, incredibly hard working (the transformation at the end of each day was a wonder!) and accurate (& reasonable!) on budget - on top of which they were honestly a pleasure to have around. Would absolutely recommend & they'll be my go to for any future works without a doubt.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Just to add that we're very impressed with Gardenia's work for us on a recent project, in which they replaced a wooden deck, built a raised bed, removed a brick outhouse and installed a cobbled patio among other things. All of Helen and Steve's team were a pleasure to have on site, gave advice where it was needed and coped with a few changing requirements that cropped up as the job progressed. The end result looks great - we'd have no hesitation recommending them. Www.gardenia-gardens.com

• 2 years later...
I'd like to recommend Gardenia Gardens who landscaped our garden in Nunhead recently. Helen came up with a great design which was exactly what we were after, and Steve and his team executed it beautifully. They stuck to our tight budget and made suggestion of how we could improve our garden but ultimately left the decisions to us, we never felt that they were being pushy or negative. When the guys were working here they were courteous, friendly, diligent and tidy. They worked really hard despite it being one of the only hot periods this summer! I would definitely have them back again to work on any future garden projects. We can now really enjoy our garden and feel that they have given us more than we hoped for.

• 2 months later...
I can definitely recommend Gardenia Gardens. Helen, Steve and team are a great crew. They designed, landscaped and planted our whole garden in 4 weeks straight. They worked non stop until the job was done and had great attention to detail and thoughtfulness. Regarding design our mandate was for the garden to feel larger and be more child friendly (surfaces, ability to see the whole garden). Helen fully understood and appreciated this and came up with an excellent design. The process was fully consultative and we discussed how various designs would impact price and practicality in the garden. In terms of work, as mentioned the team worked non stop. They had to change tack a few times as they uncovered things in the garden but that was no problem for them. We were away for the 5 weeks but had great video calls to keep updated on the progress. The garden is just what was required, gives constant enjoyment and was completed within the original estimate. Thanks very much!

• 6 months later...

Another recommendation for Gardenia. Our garden had never been given the attention it deserved and was complicated with mature trees, aged decking, a mud patch in place of grass and old wooden raised beds collapsing disgracefully into the mud. Helen was not hugely impressed and produced some ideas to create a much more usable space and to bring the garden to life with sympathetic planting.

Steve and Team worked tirelessly to put the hard landscaping in place to make the garden usable all year round and the planting has really pulled it all together.

Its such a lovely space now it has really added another dimension to the house and increased our living space.

• 1 year later...

I would like to recommend Steve & Helen, They recently rebuilt our deck which was in a poor state. They were creative with all the design elements, making it a more usable & attractive area. Both were very helpful in the process addressing our concerns & needs. The project included additional planting schemes. They were hard working, efficient & worked to the budget. We are delighted with the outcome. 

I can hugely recommend Gardenia who have carried out extensive works on our garden over a number of years and have completely transformed it. Steve has installed a huge deck and pergola, replaced all our fencing, built raised vegetable beds and carried out lots of other hard landscaping work. Helen's knowledge of plants is amazing and she's introduced some gorgeous new plants as well as looking after those we inherited. They are great to work with too.