Royal Mail..parcels not being delivered

Is anyone else having issues with parcels not being delivered or even attempted to be delivered.

We have had two parcels from the same online retailer not show up, the first being sent on the 2nd of August, and the second on the 12th of August, also tracked 24-48 hour deliveries taking up to 10 days to arrive.

We are going to have to go back to the sellers to resend yet again but by another service, Dpd etc

We are on upland road, and we are lucky to get 2 or 3 postal deliveries a week.

It?s been utterly shambolic since moving the sorting office to Peckham.

Yes, I live near you and am in the same position. I have various parcels, sent tracked via Royal Mail, in the first week of August, where no delivery has been attempted yet. They've clearly been sitting in the Peckham office for weeks.

And, as you say, even the 24hr or 48hr service can take over a week to arrive.

I've checked with friends in Norwood, Nunhead, Camberwell etc and none has this problem

I've now resorted to having my post sent to work/family & friends if its important or urgent. Which is sad, but the Royal Mail service round here is now almost unusable.

We are a couple of streets over and seem to only get parcels on Sunday afternoons, as if they are doing a catch up at the parcel depot. We had two small parcels sent on the same day from the states - one took 2 weeks and one took 5!

I've got the same problem with Royal Mail.

Senders send replacements and they never arrive either.

ETA: Helen Hayes (our MP) went to a lot of trouble to look into this a while back. It might be worth contacting her again.

Went to the sorting office today to try and retrieve some items. Apparently they have a huge amount of post in crates sitting around to be sorted (which by my estimation includes stuff they would have received 10 days ago). We are now only getting letters weekly at best

I received electronic proof of delivery from Royal Mail which says a parcel was delivered to me at 13:54 today and apparently I signed for it?. However it was not delivered.

I was at home all day and had a supermarket delivery and an Amazon delivery - both on time and without any trouble.

Like Charlie15 I went to the sorting office on Saturday, and when I asked got a rote response of 'we are doing daily deliveries'.

On Sunday a man in a non-RM car & own clothes pulled up in our street and started pulling small packages out of the boot. He posted one through our door, didn't knock. I opened the door 5 mins later for another reason and found 3/4 of the small packages we've been waiting for for the last fortnight on the doorstep!

This morning a postie came with letters and the fourth small parcel so who knows, but hopefully a daily postman with small packages is a good sign that they are clearing the backlog.

Ad_guy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I received electronic proof of delivery from Royal

> Mail which says a parcel was delivered to me at

> 13:54 today and apparently I signed for it?.

> However it was not delivered.

Royal Mail must then show you your signature!

But I thought even Royal Mail took photos these days?

ETA: If anybody else is trying to respond to Ad... 's posts, be aware that apparently the trainer name is banned in forum posts (why?!) so you will not be able to include their name in your posts.

Parcel deliveries seem to be back to normal for me. By "normal" I mean the way they're supposed to be, within the published timescales. Yes, for the parcels that require a signature they take a photo of the parcel and your feet standing in the open doorway. This doesn't prevent parcels being delivered to the wrong address of course but presumably Ad_guy can be identified by his trainers :)

Perhaps RM suffered a temporary "pingdemic" shortage of staff which has now been rectified?

RichH Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Parcel deliveries seem to be back to normal for

> me. By "normal" I mean the way they're supposed

> to be, within the published timescales. Yes, for

> the parcels that require a signature they take a

> photo of the parcel and your feet standing in the

> open doorway. This doesn't prevent parcels being

> delivered to the wrong address of course but

> presumably Ad_guy can be identified by his

> trainers :)

>

> Perhaps RM suffered a temporary "pingdemic"

> shortage of staff which has now been rectified?

I'm still waiting for an item and/or its replacement, so I don't think whatever the problem is has been rectified.

My PO mole suggests that the only things being delivered at the moment are parcels - there is no (or virtually no) mail sorting going on in Peckham due to staff shortages. My mole knows things are piling up on his walk, but he has nothing (other than parcels) to take out. If you have bills expected - watch out you don't incur interest charges (and as for PCNs!!!!)

What is Royal Mail? I have had no post for a week but on Friday, I noticed a postman deliver to a couple of houses half way up my road and then walk away. I find it unlikely that there was not a single item of post for half a street! I?m wondering whether his shift had finished and he was going home.

Penguin18, he was definitely a postman as he delivered letters to several houses and had no van..

Postmen (the ones who deliver mail) do also deliver (small) parcels - Parcel Force only deliver large parcels, the Royal Mail does the rest. I get parcels delivered by two post-men - one of whom also does my (mail) walk. And I am 50 more than you grant me!