The Rye Hotel - Worst Sunday Lunch Ever?

rob

I went there with some friends yesterday for lunch and while the food was fine, the service was pants. There were plenty of staff in there, but they seemed to lack any sort of organisation. The food took a long time to arrive, and not all of it made it to our table. There was a lovely spillage of sauce a few yards from us and the extra bread they charged us for, didn't turn up. We were going to have dessert but felt we'd have been there until closing time at the rate they were going.

We ended up going to the Dog yesterday, mainly because it was already well after 2pm (and 2 seems to be a watershed for food availability on a Sunday).

Yes, the main was indifferent, but the rhubarb crumble was better than average, full of lovely rhubarb, and one serving was more than enough for two.

So it could have been worse.

Going to check out the White Horse for next time.

Louisiana

Don't know about the White Horse but the Dulwich Wood House does a nice veggie roast - I had it on Sunday.

The Phoenix near Denmark Hill station also does a veggie option which is ok.

The Magdala usually does a Sunday bbq in the summer (hope they do it again this year) and that has a veggie option.

Hoorah for veggies!!!

Not too keen on the rye's sunday lunches but they do excel at thai curries.

Does anyone know if there's a pub locally that does sunday carvarys - my other half loved the one he'd go to up in walthamstow before he saw sense and moved south!!