> What you will have to do is drive your car to a

> one way street that either leaves or enters the

> ULEZ zone, then push it. Like pushing a powered

> two wheeler it is no longer a car but a pedestrian

> so you wont be charged.

Only as long as you aren't wearing a jumper at the time 😱

BBC News - Bus lane camera mistakes woman's sweater for number plate

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-58959930

Ah, so you are saying that if cars have jumpers then they will not get caught by the cameras. Nice one.

Those identifying themselves with the male gender could have B011OXS on the car jumper - that will confuse TFL as I know that the killjoys at DVLA never released this registration for sale

Those identifying themselves with the female gender could have B008IES on their car jumper, I saw a similar plate in a car park once, but again it seems as if the killjoys didn't release this either

Others could come up with registration numbers for other choices of gender (or sex if that is how I should have termed it).

womanofdulwich Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> But you know this is all a warm up for a future

> car paying scheme, right?no matter what car you

> have.

Possibly

But is that actually a problem ? I'm assuming that VLED will be removed so you pay per mile with the heaviest users of the road paying more.

The only downside is "big brother" will know your every movement 😱

Dogkennelhillbilly Wrote:

> Seabag Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > What happens if you take your number plates

> off?

> >

> > That?ll make it harder for them.

> >

> > And take the windows out too, that way nobody

> can

> > stick a ticket on your Windscreen.

>

> TFL HATES THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK

> If you don?t drive, you don't have to pay the ULEZ

> fee.h

What sort of scammer dues that DKHB ?

Imagine the brass neck of not driving so you can't be fined... disgraceful behaviour 😱

So - expanded ULEZ starts today - Sky reporting a survey saying 43% of motorists living in and near the expanded zone are unaware of it. Apparently there have been leaflets and also letters sent to those driving in the expanded zone recently. We haven?t received any - perhaps they?ve been targeted at those with non compliant vehicles? I imagine there will be loads of fines -?160 each (reduced to ?80 for early payment).

Note also that the charging day for the ULEZ is midnight to midnight. So if you make a late night journey that starts before midnight and finishes after midnight you have to pay two days worth of charges as I read it (so ?25). (This is not an issue for the congestion charge as it operates 7am to 10pm).

See https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/ulez-payments

It appears as if many have been asleep (at the wheel?) over the last few years.

The ULEZ was proposed by the last Mayor in 2014, with a planned introduction date of 2020 which was confirmed following consultation in 2015. The last Mayor and his team talked about the possibility of extending to the North and South Circulars, and a tighter zero emission zone in the central Congestion Charging Zone. https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases-6364 https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases-6364

He'd talked about this a year earlier in 2013 and in part this was a response to the government not giving him the money he requested for tackling air quality.

The current Mayor brought forward implementation in the CC area to 2019 https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/mayoral/mayor-plans-to-introduce-ulez-in-april-2019 and then following consultation announced in 2018 extension to within the North and South Circs https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/mayoral/ultra-low-emission-zone-to-expandhttps://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/mayoral/ultra-low-emission-zone-to-expand

There has been much media coverage over the last seven years, leaflets sent to most households (many no doubt went straight into the recycling), local radio ads and publicity on bus shelters.

So 43% of motorists weren't aware? Where on earth do they get their information from?? Does half the population not watch or listen to the news, look at news websites, read newspapers?? I've got little sympathy.

PS DKH please tell me you were joking - the upper case suggested that you were being ironic in a "shock horror" click-bait manner. I'll assume so.

What with The ULEZ and the new Extended ULEZ, the Congestion Zone, Local Road Closures,

Restricted Parking, Petrol Prices, Increased Local Vehicle Crime (Theft Of / Theft From / Vandalism)

Increased Insurance prices.

I am So glad I no longer Drive. As of February 2019..

I have saved a fortune.

Foxy

Froglander Wrote:

> I checked if my car was compliant a few years ago

> and it was. Also rechecked recently and it still

> is and it?s an older petrol car. There has been a

> fair but of notice in my opinion.

It's been an active topic on discussion here since at least July 2016.

https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,1697790,1698204#msg-1698204

I agree with malumbu - so many ill informed people only have themselves to blame, given the big coverage on all media and by TfL etc. TfL brought it in during half-term (for many) so it is likely to act as a kind of soft landing, which is sensible. Money has to be spent to publicise such actions, of course, but only up to a point.

The issue for some, is not the introduction, but the timing of the introduction.

We're still technically in a pandemic and people and businesses have suffered financially over the past few years so they are arguing for a delay of 12 months to allow the economy and businesses to get on to a more stable footing.

I suspect many of the ignorant 43% are those with modern / obviously compliant cars who, when they heard something about it initially, quickly came to the view that it wouldn?t affect them and ceased to pay any attention thereafter (so then have no idea of timing and details). It?s good that they?ve written to registered owners of non- compliant vehicles, hopefully have done notices in multiple languages as well.

Having said that I think there are a lot of people that don?t keep up with news much.

Travelling along the south circular today, couldn?t help wondering just how many ULEZ zone signs they had to put in - there are 100s!!

DKB can?t fin now, don?t think it was the most extensive survey ever and I agree with the point you make. Chatting to folk there is a difference between the two ideas as you suggest. I?m in favour of ULEZ expansion but do have some sympathy in specific circs eg those with wheelchair adapted vehicles that are ancient / non compliant but with minimal mileage on the clock.

I found out in March when I had my MOT done that my car was not compliant although the garage did say that mechanically it was very sound.Have been looking for a 'compliant' car since that time but having driven an automatic for nearly 20 years I have forgotten how to drive a manual. I am informed that 2nd hand automatics are very rare and this does seem to be the case as have been looking at my prefered showroom (Lancers of Beckenham) every couple of weeks. Unfortunately due to a leg injury in July which stopped me driving for 2 months, I have not been successful in my search as yet.

I have decided that will keep current car and pay the fee and try to organise that I do everything that requires a car (visiting/shopping etc) in one day. I do use public transport regularly (buses) but a car is essential to visit friends and family as many of them live in areas which are not covered by public transport.

No Discount if you pay via Auto-Pay it is ?12.50 if you set up Auto -pay it is taken out at end of the Month

> Look for a camera at every road junction with the

> south circular. They are black and look a bit like

> a pair of binoculars.Quute discreet.

>

> Register for auto-pay. It's ?10 to register a car

> but you save ?2.50 for each charge and then you

> can at least be sure you won't be caught out and

> receive a big fine