Stolen parcels

singalto

At least 5 of my neighbours have had parcels delivered by Amazon stolen today alone. There were several yesterday too. Two men in a car (a neighbour managed to get the registration number) simply follow the courier and Hoover up the parcels left on doorsteps and behind bins. The empty packaging is then found discarded in neighbouring streets?

The police don?t deal with real crimes anymore.

Credit card fraud - they divert you to the ?industry body?.

Burglary - they don?t even turn up, you are buck passed to reporting online.

Fight in west end - they take 10 minutes to answer 999. Meanwhile the ambulance turns up before police even answer the 999 call*

*this actually happened & I complained

The uk is the third world now. Accept it!

What planet are you on to think they would even record it?

Upset snowflakes on Facebook? you get a squad car of police tear up to your gaffe

Nigello Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I hope and trust your neighbours have reported

> this to the police. That way there is a chance

> this will be stopped. Good luck

Probably fake plates/ stolen untraceable ?pool? car.

This is the most irritating, aggrieving & consequential crime but the one generating the least police action.

• 2 weeks later...

Lynne Wrote:

> I am told that a man has been seen regularly

> driving in the Upland Rd area and taking parcels.

> Photo's taken and description but I don't know

> what, if anything, has been done about it.

I'm obviously not condoning people stealing parcels, but surely parcels should not be left in full view outside people's homes in the first place.

I rescued a parcel on Christmas Eve which had been left propped against a neighbour's front door in full view of the street, in spite of the fact that there were other places outside their house it could have been put where it would have been hidden from sight.

My neighbours were not in at the time, so it's not as if the deliverer had knocked and then heard someone shout that they were coming to the door.

Also, I was in all day and nobody rang my bell to ask me to take the parcel in for my neighbours.

I do start to have suspicions about collaboration between some of the deliverers and the thieves. I hope I'm wrong.

There are many different couriers, and I wonder whether this is a particular issue with just some companies, or if it's all of them.

I don?t suspect there is a collaboration between the thieves and the delivery guys.

The delivery guys have something like 200+ parcels to deliver in one outing, often they seem to be pretty much doing what the USA paper delivery boys do i.e. just chucking the parcel somewhere near the front door!

They are not going to faff around looking for the perfect hiding place.

My daughter's bf is a delivery driver and they do have 200 plus parcels and have 2 minutes to deliver each parcel. They're timed and get under a ?1 per delivery. Any parcels not delivered are returned to the depot for them to re-deliver the following day. This will be in addition to that days 200 plus parcels. I'm not condoning leaving parcels in full view whatsoever and some do make an effort. However, I also understand the ridiculous pressure the drivers are under. They're not treated great by their employers either

Bic Basher Wrote:

> Amazon drivers have been really good recently at

> ringing me while I'm out. I normally tell them to

> leave the packages with my neighbour.

How do they have your number???

KidKruger Wrote:

> I don?t suspect there is a collaboration between

> the thieves and the delivery guys.

> The delivery guys have something like 200+ parcels

> to deliver in one outing, often they seem to be

> pretty much doing what the USA paper delivery boys

> do i.e. just chucking the parcel somewhere near

> the front door!

> They are not going to faff around looking for the

> perfect hiding place.

In this last case, they had gone up to the front door and carefully propped the parcel against it.

Two other couriers had hidden parcels in a place nearer to the gate than the front door, and where they were covered up and out of sight of passers by.

tasha1 Wrote:

> I also understand the

> ridiculous pressure the drivers are under. They're

> not treated great by their employers either

Unfortunately most of these drivers don't have employers, as they're supposedly self-employed contractors. This means no sick pay, no paid leave, no H&S care, no pensions -- and no guarantee they will ever make more than minimum wage.

Amazon etc can only offer cheap or free fast delivery (and we can only benefit from it) if the drivers are squeezed to nothing. This is how we have the current crazy system where 20 vans from 20 different companies drive down every street every day.

Sadly guys & girls I have to point out that levels of dishonesty in modern Britain these days means that people you never suspect by that I mean neighbours, friends & business acquaintances are opportunistically tucking away your parcels.

Very rare some clever ?bad ?un? in a van is sneakily following a delivery driver like a Poundland James Bond.

Extremely poor payer compared to drug dealing, knife mugging or bike theft (some bikes worth ?1k+).

It?s ?respectable? people we know? even in a friendly place like East Dulwich. Gives me no pleasure to say. 😞

Brideshead Wrote:

> Sadly guys & girls I have to point out that levels

> of dishonesty in modern Britain these days means

> that people you never suspect by that I mean

> neighbours, friends & business acquaintances are

> opportunistically tucking away your parcels....

> It?s ?respectable? people we know? even in a

> friendly place like East Dulwich....

What evidence do you have for that, exactly?

Bic Basher Wrote:

> Amazon drivers have been really good recently at

> ringing me while I'm out. I normally tell them to

> leave the packages with my neighbour.

Not sure if Prime Customers get better service.

I usually get delivery to my flat door whilst others get their parcels left at the front entrance.

That was not a police court case against the man (the CPS does that anyway) - he took it to court (or someone did on his behalf).

Any interaction with the police can end up being recorded not just convictions or cautions or incidents - it's just that that info will only be searched in certain circumstances.

cidolphus Wrote:

> The "pollis" are so messed up, they have

> spent a huge amount of time investigating and

> prosecuting people for "non-crime hate

> incidents".

They didn't prosecute him and they, err, specifically recorded it as a non-crime. Seems like the cops went and spoke to one of their colleagues about why he was trolling and acting the prick online, and he got Toby Young involved. He was not disciplined and not prosecuted.

Considering the separate recent incidents of police officers texting each other racist and misogynist "banter" and pictures of corpses, which has undermined public confidence in the police, that action doesn't seem unreasonable.

• 4 weeks later...

cidolphus Wrote:

> Whether the police take "non-crime hate incidents

> "to court or not, they have recorder 120,000 such

> crimes - according to the Daily Fail.

>

> It just seems like an amazing waste of police

> resources.

Everything in a Police Notebook gets put online I think.