New bus shelters in SE22

Nigello

The old ones seemed not that old and fit for purpose - providing shelter and bus information - so how come the need to spend more on new ones? Our local riffraff will still spray and carve their names on them in a bid to seem big and important...

I assume our bus shelters in ED are TFL owned/managed? According to their most recent report and accounts - there is an ongoing program of bus shelter renewal and replacement, but also an interesting comment that:

Third party contributions to operating costs

Revenue from third-party contributions to operating costs is earned on services performed by TfL in conjunction with other organisations or Government in relation to works such as dropping curbs, building roundabouts, installing traffic lights, installing shelters, escalators or elevators in stations, installing bus shelters, etc.

There a issue going on in Croydon last year where some bus stops got removed because some advertising deal that Croydon had terminated and there was a lag before the new deal with a different advertising business came in. Could it be something similar here (different type of bus stop with more advertising)?

Dogkennelhillbilly Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The Bus Times app works really well (and it's

> free). I have no idea what percentage of the bus

> using population wouldn't be comfortable using s

> mobile phone or how much the indicator boards

> cost.

In my experience, the live indicators are usually more accurate than the app (or Google maps also gives bus information), and it's much easier just to look at the indicator rather than fiddling about on a mobile.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes the indicator boards disappear then reappear

Often when new bus stop put in

Inexplicable why everything is put in at once. No explanation to the passengers. Just like the rest of the things TFL - bloated, corrupt, faceless bureaucracy - does.

The other thing it?s likes to do is remove the stops altogether without notice or consultation.

The amount of your money it bar slides to day rate consultants who sit about on social media most of the day, would make your blood boil. (Unless you are self employed contractor invoicing TfL 😜).

You then understand why it is you pay highest fares in the world for the worst service.

Adidas_guy Wrote:

> TFL Go works really well and is very accurate.

> I have been using it for quite a while now.

I used to use a ad funded bus times app, but switched to TfL Go due to the accuracy and the fact you don't have to wait 60 seconds for the times to update, it's fully live.

Bic Basher Wrote:

> TfL have their own app now called TfL Go which has

> live bus times.

Thank you for this. I've just installed it. It looks much clearer than the bus time app I've been using.

The fact we can bus hop for the price of one trip in any one hour helps do away with the idea of bus times, to an extent. I know sometimes you need a specific bus but given that the second, third, fourth etc. trip in the hour are free you can take one, get off and pick up another to get where you are going. I think the buses are on the whole pretty good but the drivers, I think, deserve a bit more pay.

inanr-

Used to work for TfL in the project office for the Tottenham Court Road station upgrade project in Centrepoint (the 13th floor)

There were 3 or 4 undertasked day rate consultants on gigantic day rates updating their Facebook accounts.

The project boss was a? day rate consultant.

Watching them one day I realised at that moment why fares for Londoners are highest for any city in the entire world.

Back to BUS STOP INDICATOR boards.

Inexplicably the website bus countdown data & apps DO SOMETIMES DIFFER. The dot matrix boards seem to get data differently. Buses which don?t appear on apps do in fact show up on indicator boards. This I observed just yesterday.

But no explanation, no information or no accountability to paying customers for whom TfL Buses hold in total contempt.