Music Room *It's fully soundproofed*

mockney piers

Giggirl

I sure have been to the Chapel before. I saw Luka Bloom a few months back, and in the summertime Someone Who Posts A Lot In The Music Room suggested we see an afternoon performance by a singer who was very sweet and nice and could have done with a cuddle and a nice cup of tea

Nice proper pub behind the Chapel as well for pre/after-show drinks

I lived that song back in the day young Mockers

"Because the world is cruel and

Promises are broken

Don't try to tell me

Anything don't try to tell me

You'll be true to me you know the

Real truth is never spoken

And I know the world is cold but

If you hold on tight to what you

Find you might not mind too much though

Even this must pass away and

Memories may last for years but

Names are just for souvenirs

Some kind of angel let me

Look into your eyes

Don't give me whys and wherefores

Reason or surprise

I don't care for words that don't belong

And I don't care what you're called

Tell me later if at all

I can wait a long long time

Before I hear another love song"

Ah happy days...

Great isn?t it! I have a Ramones cd that has 30 songs on it with a playing time of about an hour.

Which reminds me, a few years back Fat Wreck Chords released a compilation album called Short Music for Short People. It has 101 punk songs on it all averaging 30 seconds in length.

It tough being a rock star. This week my heart goes out to Jack White. He is reportedly upset that Coca Cola is using his Bond theme duet with Alicia Keys on a television advert. Apparently he is very "disappointed" and he doesn't see advertising as an appropriate use of his music. Who do those bastards at Coca Cola think they are?

Moving swiftly on, here's a great little coke commercial from way back in 2006 with music by, erm, The White Stripes.

well not really is he? He once sanctioned a song for use in a Coke ad - that got used. He didn't sanction another song - but that got used as well. I think he's in the right on this one. I mean if he HAD gone off and done a big "I would never sanction a song with Coca Cola" spiel he would be a hypocrite but I don't think he has done that...

Two things:

I've just received 2 tickets for Glasvegas in this morning's post and I can't use them. Gig is tonight at the Scala, Kings Cross. If anyone wants the tickets please PM me. You'll need to collect from Holborn, which is on the way to the Scala anyway.

Secondly, The Killers are doing a one-off gig at the Albert Hall in November. Tickets are on sale tomorrow (24th) from noon.

Glasvegas - allegedly the band of the moment and I can't give away two tickets to the allegedly hip people of ED! Gig is tonight at The Scala Kings Cross. You'll need to collect from me in Holborn. Please PM me now if you want these because otherwise I'll have to throw them away and I just so hate waste!