Who can make a fabric covered lampshade for me?

Wise forum, I'm trying to have made a matching lampshade and roman blind for my daughter's room - I can find a tonne of recommendations for people who make blinds, but can't find anything about anyone local who might be able to cover a lampshade with the same fabric. If you can, or know of someone who does, please do get in touch. Cheers!

Hi, i am actually in the soft furnishings trade, i am afraid to say there used to be loads of lampshade makers around, I actually used to use the lady who made custom made ones for Peter Jones, John Lewis etc and I knew of a couple of others but she was the most reasonable priced one. A correctly made one is actually a work of art when you know how they are made as I have made a couple for myself, but its now really difficult to get the frames, the kit versions I have seen are usally more like blue peter but it all depends on what you are after. The reason no one is going into the trade anymore is because people just want a throw away society and they mostly imported now and as usual we cant compete with the labour costs, anyway to the point of why I answered a couple of years ago there used to be a lampshade maker in wimbledon and that is the only one I know of in london or the surrounding counties, I have had a few made up north but I dont know if the company is still in existance. If you are interested in a custom made one I would try googling lampshade makers wimbledon area as they are a very established company. roz- tradecurtains.co.uk

• 1 month later...

This is Lou from Captured on the Rye. I can provide kits for making your own drum lampshades using your own fabric in 30cm and 20cm diameters. I can make up a kit to order for other sizes. A 30cm Kit is ?11.95

For ?25 I throw in a 2 hr tutorial taking you through all the steps, so you end up with the best possible result.

If you are all thumbs, but want a custom lampshade at a reasonable price, I would be more than happy to make it for you.

Please enquire at the shop or via the contact page on our website: http://capturedontherye.com/

Archived