Lidl (Peckham) closed for 3 months

Lidl in Peckham is closed from 30th July to 27th October for a new paint job.

Went in there this afternoon and staff were emptying the shelves while I could at least get a half decent shop in. Next nearest store is Old Kent Road.

Was a Co-op shopper but prices are silly now except for stuff like eggs, broccoli and baked beans.

When did the Asda close? I didn't notice until today it 3qs gone. Not surprised - it always seemed a bit sad and it was neither cheaper nor better than Morrisons...

I think it was at the end of May. The lease came to an end and the new rent asked was too high

Poundstretcher's being compressed, then?

Poundstretcher had a half price sale then disappeared for good a few months back. The cashier told me Lidl were planning on using it as a warehouse. Shame, they were good for odds and sods, or for when Lidl didn't have the new frying pan you needed in the middle aisle.

Poundstretcher's being compressed, then?

Poundstretcher had a half price sale then disappeared for good a few months back. The cashier told me Lidl were planning on using it as a warehouse. Shame, they were good for odds and sods, or for when Lidl didn't have the new frying pan you needed in the middle aisle.

Poundstretchers opened up a new store on Walworth Road (332/334) a little bit of a trek, but it's the same staff.

• 3 weeks later...

Lidl in Peckham is closed from 30th July to 27th October for a new paint job.

Went in there this afternoon and staff were emptying the shelves while I could at least get a half decent shop in. Next nearest store is Old Kent Road.

Was a Co-op shopper but prices are silly now except for stuff like eggs, broccoli and baked beans.

There is/was a Lidl in Sydenham. Haven’t been there in a few years though.

I’m looking forward to the new Peckham Lidl opening.