Southwark Primary School Admissions for Sept 2013

I agree with above posters, Forest School scheme sounds fantastic!

Hi James, KS1 assessments used to be formal, papers sent off etc until a few years ago. Now they are done as teacher assessments, results are however collated. Yes, children are continuously assessed so parents can see the progress of their child from year to year. With the high turnover of pupils in London primaries, I'm not sure how accurate a comparison of a group of 6-7 year olds with a group of 10-11 year old 30-40% of whom may be different children! The KS2 SATs for year 6s (age 10/11) are still held simultaneously in all schools and papers marked externally (they were Monday to Thursday last week).

Renata

Southwark aren't even replying to my latest attempts at finding my current wait list positions.. Been 7 days now and no reply. Anyone else getting no reply on email? Maybe they are fed up of me already, ha!

GinaG3 did you email the admissions address or reply to a previous email? I replied and got no response then realised it was going to a different address, I emailed the admissions email again and heard back in a couple of days.

I emailed the usual [email protected] I didn't send to the direct email they use to reply back to enquires. I will try again, usually get a reply within about 30 minutes. Don't know whats happened here! Email sent on the 15th. I do email fortnightly for positions, but thats the predicament I'm in. Really hoping there has been a shift, if only slight in the last few weeks as I hear people are now starting to move around on lists. Fingers crossed. Sending email again now!

Thanks James but it was emails not phone calls. They never give me list positions on the phone and insist on a call back in a few days so I always opt for email.

I think I had a moment of madness today. I can't remember whether the woman on the phone said we were 4th or 5th now. I've now got it in my head that I'd talked myself into thinking we were 6th and then she said we were 5th. If 5th then we haven't moved at all. This is why emails are a good idea - I could have checked!! Duh! Have also emailed to ask to be out on a couple more waiting lists so hopefully I'll get a reply!

This waiting list thing does drive you mad ! I can't work out what is really happening. I haven't moved at all on the Goodrich list since day 1 but have moved far far away on the others. Its just a bit odd as I do know people who have moved down the waiting list.

I am just trying to stay positive.

According to their facebook site Judith Kerr appear to have announced the location of the new school in today's newsletter. Their website is getting hammered so cannot find exact location. Does anyone know what has been decided?

Hi,

I haven't got a place at judith Kerr, but was emailed this...

EFA, CfBT and the other parties to the transaction will issue a joint press release in the next few days, and until then I'm not able to announce full details about the site. I'm sorry about that. However, I can say that we will be opening in the Herne Hill / SE24 area. A complete package about the building, grounds, and our plans for them, including pictures, will be on our website as soon as possible. We'll hope to organise some site tours during the summer.

Hope this sheds some light for those who need it.

I don't know what is going on with these waiting lists!! I rang today about the Goodrich waiting list after seeing ryekids post as we were originally 1st on the list then we dropped to 5th when I checked last week so I was wondering if we were back at 1st (ryekids went 2nd, 6th, 2nd). We are now 4th so we've moved 1 place in the right direction from last week but seeing all these posts it doesn't add up. Gina, we also got no response to emails suddenly either so I tried calling and they were happy to give me the info over the phone.

Goodness knows when (if ever) we're going to see a reasonable amount of movement with Ivydale. Doesn't help that they're not sending out letters or doing anything like that until July! Have Goodrich sent their letters out yet? I'm figuring that this might show up some gaps in the places offered.......

Did you get the automated response from the admission team and then just hear nothing after that? I can't bear ringing again - there's a woman who takes about an hour to get you a blooming answer - asks every last detail which I know isn't necessary as I've rung once and got another person and they gave the info straight off within a minute or so!

Number 2, I got the automated response then nothing after that. When I rang I must have got the good woman, she just asked name and DOB then gave me the answer straight away. I lost faith in the email thing when I'd had good info from one lady (Anita) and then one day I replied to a message she'd sent me earlier and got someone else who said "no change in your waiting list positions". I was fine with this once but when it happened again and I knew that others had changed positions I didn't believe it so tried phoning.

Hi all, you can remain at the same position if others are moving up eg at top of list, if people have been slotting in in between you and the people near the top (Kamath, this is what has happened to you, ie places have been given to people above you, but an equal number have also joined the list above you). I think that it's likely that you Ryekids and Bizzylizzy didn't ring on the same day/time and one of you contacted admissions before a waiting list update and one after. Unless people have slotted between you or either of you have be reclassified, you will be one place apart on the list.

Renata

Hi Page 2

Reclassified means eg from being positioned on the list by distance, being positioned higher up due to moving closer, a sibling gaining a place at the school or on social/medical grounds. Email Admissions of you wish your child to be added to other waiting lists.

Renata