Foxtons on Lordship Lane soon to become a Poundland Local

teddyboy23

Poundland local seems to have a good supply of biscuits, crisps, fizzy drinks and cakes. It’s so nice to have somewhere to go to get the basics without worrying about taking out a second mortgage.

Bring it on.

Louisa.

Nice Healthy balanced diet there Lou 🤔😀

There is absolutely no point in second guessing the market...

...about what?

"The market" produces a lot of toss. It will produce whatever is good for capitalism. It won't necessarily produce what's good for people.

Eh?

If I see anyone creeping in and out of the new Poundland with a Waitrose bag, I will be having words. No excuse for that level of snobbery.

In fact I’ll go one better, before the usual suspects accuse me of all sorts of unfounded ridiculousness. I will supply alternative bag for life options if and when I see said folk bagging their goods in Waitrose branded bags!

Louisa.

You’ll be pleased to see this has made it into the paper of record:

This Times column about Poundland made me realise how downmarket Dulwich has gone in recent years. I mean, there used to be a time you could go down Lordship Lane without worrying you'd bump into one of Murdoch's vile cabal.

Edited by Dogkennelhillbilly

There's more people whinging about people whinging about poundland than there are people actually whinging about poundland.

If I had a pound for every person whinging ....I could afford to shop in Harrods 😅

Spartacus you mean you don't already.......come on

Note that they went for the Local format here instead of the standard Poundland store where it's more likely ED's well heeled customer base won't stick their nose up at discounted sandwiches and milk rather than buying some of the other products they sell in Peckham and Camberwell.