Street lights, Landells Road and elsewhere

Ant

Following on from matters discussed in page 1 of the yet more gun crime thread...

I heard today from Richard Thomas ([email protected]) that new street lighting on Landells Road is a question of when and not if. And it sounds as if improved street lighting is on the cards for other streets in ED as well, although he didn't specifically name any others.

I've just contacted Richard Thomas about lack of lollipop person on Barry Road/Goodrich Road. If anyone else on the forum has kids that use that crossing then please put pressure on schools and local councillors to find out why there is no one there. Lovely Fred retired and has not been replaced. There was an accident at the crossing at 8.45 this morning as loads of kids were going to school.Bit scarey.

Awful to hear that there was an accident on that crossing, anyone seriously hurt?

It's not a good place to have a crossing, just by a junction like that. It's just round the corner from me, I'm always extra careful there... whether on foot or in the car.

Not nice. That's just when I'm usually crossing with my toddler and baby.

Perhaps they could move a lollipop man over from the Townley road/LL junction. Having two policing a junction half of which is controlled by traffic lights always seems a bit ott. Or are they employed directly by Alleyns?

Richard Thomas been in touch with crossings department in Southwark and temp. crossing person being put it on Barry Road after Easter whilst they look for permanent replacement.

ps no one injured in crash- 2 cars pranged but drivers ok

• 2 weeks later...

Yes hurrah for Whateley!!!!!!!!! This is used as the main road linking Lordship Lane and Barry Rd, used by people on Silvester, Landells, Crystal Palace Rd etc.

Thanks for your input Richard. :):):)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I’m not a Southwark council stooge I’m a city drone working for the man in the square mile… I’ve been an East Dulwich resident from 2007. I lost access to my previous account  my new account is from 2012 as mentioned.  its unbelievably narrow minded to think that there is no local support for the festival. I would say that 8/10 of my local friends do.  OK they/we are the types that like a party. The two that  are mildly annoyed are dog walkers who do moan about having to use the other side of the park… but again they don’t hate it.  I take the point that although only 3 days of noise,  access to the park is restricted for longer but there is another mooosive bit of grass right next to it that people can use … ie the Rye common part of the park.  I feel London’s open spaces should be for everyone EVEN  those that like to listen music and dance in the open air. AND those that want to use it for quiet contemplation.  I would also like to highlight that nightclubs and venues  across UK are under pressure and closing at a shocking rate. A large event like this not only supports the artists playing and the  ‘scene. ’  It also provides traffic and income at local south London venues used for pre and post events/ drinking.  We should all be proud of the musical culture the UK  has to offer  and in particular it’s leading contribution to electronic dance music. There needs to be more  support for the reducing number of venues and events.   
    • I'm sorry to hear about your little puppy being bitten. I hope s/he is ok. On another note I would be grateful if people generally don't use the name Karen negatively in posts. This Karen finds it rather hurtful.
    • A perfectly healthy looking tree in our road was recently removed, and apparently it was because it had diseased roots. Who knows how this was discovered!
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In