Diamond ring cleaning

buggie

Does anyone know if there's anywhere in East Dulwich that would be able to get my engagement ring back up to sparkling top form?

I clean it at home (not quite as frequently as I should) but it needs a proper clean getting into the nooks & crannies!

There is a jewellers shop on Upland Road which can do this - I enquired earlier this year and they said they could do it. I can't remember the name of the shop, its on the right hand side as you walk up Upland, away from Northcross Rd.

Ruffers - thanks for that; need a new home cleaner, but do need something to properly get in the tiny gaps!

Pickle - is it the one in the small parade near the garage? V nearly popped in there the other day to ask!

buggie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ruffers - thanks for that; need a new home

> cleaner, but do need something to properly get in

> the tiny gaps!

We have friends who are jewellers and they just use a heavier duty ultrasonic cleaner. As I say we have one mrs ruffers engagement ring in particular is pretty intricate and comes up perfect, just follow the instructions and add the fluid that comes with it.

If I've misunderstood and you've already tried this, no matter..

Oily Telly Tyke Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ....while on this subject anyone know a safe

> reliable place near here to get a valuation for

> insurance purposes? Thanks, O.

I got it done here, they take it in to Hatton Garden though so it does take a few days. Easy though!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Sofia33 - it might be that the rhodium is wearing off. Nearly all (modern) white gold pieces are finished with rhodium (a major non-gold element in white gold pieces) to give them a consistent colour, and this finish can wear off. That tends to leave them looking duller and more yellowy. However, I've never known it to wear off in just a few days, so there may be a different problem going on....

Archived